Monday, November 01, 2010

YAHOO...WE WON!

or did we?

See previous post Oct. 22 "In the Dark Ages"...



Dear QoH,

Council reviewed your correspondence dated October 13, 2010 at their October
27, 2010 Regular Meeting.

Council has noted that access will be granted under the following terms:

1.    Shall be supervised at all times.
2.    Must work around all displays.  Nothing is to be moved within the
gallery or the museum which is located throughout the building.
3.    All museum artifacts must not be touched or used in any manner.
4.    The safety of all displays must be given your attention at all times.
5.    Approval of dates must be received from the Administration Office.
6.    The Administration Staff may require access, from time to time, to the
building during your investigation.

If the paranormal group is prepared to work within the above noted rules and
regulations, access will be granted.

If you require additional information, please feel free to contact me.


Town of Dodge Administrator



Sure wished I was at that meeting to hear exactly what was said!

If I read this letter correctly, note #1 & #4, this means PoD and I are responsible for the paranormal groups the we know and have/will, go through us. I'm okay with that! What about those that request access and are granted it that we don't know!

Besides, do we get a say in who gets to this paranormal researching? We do have standards!

What about the USE of our leisure time? How can they book this extra stuff without clearing it with OUR schedules?


I am okay with the ones that we know [baby sitting [town's words] for free] but if they are going to let all that request access and we have to babysit those others...something has to be clarified!

Is this going to be a paying job?

We do have a life, even if I complain that I don't...;}




I knew when the meeting was going to be held but wasn't notified that my letter was going to council or I would have requested to be there, to field any questions. I would have set them straight on that point right away! Yet I wonder at their audacity to think my passion would rule my brain?

Would you stay/sleep in the creepy courthouse with strangers, which can be 2 nights/days...constantly?




Doesn't any of them watch those horror shows...;} cue in creepy music right now.....






Maybe for once you lurkers out there can help with this decision whether we deserve to be paid for the over and above call of duty?




What say you.....

2 comments:

Roan said...

I'm voting for getting paid! Especially with so much responsibility heaped on your shoulders.

Queen of Halloween said...

Me too! Fat chance though...musn't push our luck in continuing the research.