Saturday, October 30, 2010

SHOCKTOBER...

Was the name of the town-south-of-here's haunt.


I told you we [PoD, her daughter AJ, and son, JD] were going Thursday night and I haven't had time to write about it until now.


For people like me who are hard to scare, it was boring, but have to give it 100 percent, for visuals and acting! I wanted to stop and stare at everything and was too distracted by the decor/acting to be scared. Granted, it would have been hard for anyone, really, to scare me...;)!

JD [11] gave it a ho-hum also! He can be scared by some scary shows so it's not that he's immune like me and his mom. It wasn't dark enough to be scary...that would have got him! AJ became a clinger the whole time [to her mom] during their walk thru [we were split] and she would classify it as scary!

So it really depends on what level of scare you can handle. One should never judge the haunt until going thru it!


I think they did a FANTASTIC job for putting it all together by themselves [poor ego...;{]!


A group who held true to their word!

:)


All I did was loan them the stuff [did not make any money off them] to make it and gave them written instructions, they did all the rest!



Best yet...we never had to work it either!



I would have enjoyed it no matter how it was, bad or poor! Scary would have been the plus!

What didn't go so well was MY experience in there!


Did have some problems in it that had to be addressed later to the director of this event. Some safety issues and workers touching and getting in your face!


I have sight and balance issues lately, thus depend on help.

They had a huge amount of leaves to walk through [long walk too] right from the start and those can be sooooo slippery! I might as well have been walking on ice or wet floors! I went with my grandson and he was too excited to hang with his granny [why would I have needed help anyways]...I was being too slow! Plus visibility was great for him...not dark enough. For poor sighted me it became a challenge!


That put me in a not too good of a mood right there!


They had a fantastic doll room! The best was this doll sized person sitting at a little tea table sipping tea. She moved like she was robotic...really cool and quite creepy! Only boring after awhile because that's all that she did. I wanted her to stand up and lunge towards my grandson...that would have scared the crap out of him, maybe even me, if she had done it quick enough!


They had a great distraction down a hallway but again...not dark enough to be scary.

They depended on a lot of jump out and yell boo crap?


They had a gore scene that was like a bad "c" grade movie with "Chainsaw Dude" who got right into my face, trying to get me to move...his breath was creepy tho! That helped :{


Too close...almost touched me!


What might be a mistake was the "Exorcist Room"! Not a good idea to mess with religion in a haunt...unless you WANT to have that type [religious], mean-mouthing you later? That's not my complaint! The room was well done, had great distraction. My complaint was the idiot [dressed like a priest] that jumped out right next to me [she had to have been able to see me] poked me with her book [bible?] and spit in my face as she yelled about hell and damnation?


So far...almost fell, almost hit by chainsaw dude, now being hit [not hard, was a poke] and spit in the face [plus more bad breath]...


Can you imagine my mood at that point...


Next add some strobe lights AND MUD RUTS ON THE FLOOR [kids thought they were rice crispies] to the mood...


Which now is ticked off, dizzy, off balance and wanting to hurl...


NO HARD WALLS TO HANG ON TO...it's semi dark and I can't see or concentrate to navigate further!


NO JD....he's not scared enough to stay close! He knows gramma is a strong person so why should he worry...to him, I'm a pro in the dark!


So it is a befuddled and ticked off me that arrives too late to see what's happened at the next stop [also the ending], which was the cemetery scene!

So I waited for them to repeat their performance.


Remember...they can see me and when I arrived, so all should have known that I wanted to see what it was!


Their "Frankenstein" had decided that I had outstayed my welcome and it was time for me to go! So he shines his flashlight in my eyes, that doesn't move me [I'm busy looking at the scenery and what might happen], so he grabs me with both hands, TIGHTLY and physically turns me away from the scene and gives me a slight push forward!

Doesn't say a word, like "please keep moving or don't hold up the line"...nothing!



Remember my temper gauge...0 to boiling point in .0001 secs


IT'S TRUE!


All I said was....
"REMEMBER...TOUCH NOTHING AND NOTHING WILL TOUCH YOU"...LOUDLY!


He did apologize right away but you know how I feel about apologies! Too late!


The ending was a long walk back to the start not knowing where one was supposed to go.


Directions like..."see the black figure wayyyyyy over there...go that way", to poor sighted me?




How did it go for us, our comments:


PoD..."It was okay"
AJ..."That was scary!"
JD..."Gramma's was better!"
Me..."Hope they learn from their mistakes if they do it again, but "Excellence" for their first try"!

Up next is the Family dance last night...

2 comments:

Roan said...

I like, "Gramma's was better!" :)

Queen of Halloween said...

Me too...;)