Friday, February 26, 2010

The Gothic Wedding...The Final Chapter...[I hope]


 The last photo of the couple's table...

Hope you can see the detail clearer...?


Wedding went okay...

Reception was different. MC had to wing it a lot due to no one preparing anything for him to say?

A lot might have been different on the Bride's end if she had only asked for help? Granted there wasn't anyone responsible around her to do so and we lived 2 hours apart. She doesn't drive and he worked oilfields.

In all the did pretty darn good for handling an event that takes a huge amount of planning.

Did have some fun! Danced. A. Lot! Showed my grand daughter that it was okay to "dance like no one was watching", even though people were! Did visit a bit when I wasn't busy shooing drunks of the floor with drinks. Saw my brother & sister-in-law for a seconds before they disappeared...



So final photo of the wedding party during the ceremony and taking photos out in the rain...

Happily married at last!



The last and worst part for me was the ending of the evening!

Being the coordinator, it was up to me to see to the ending...removal of drunks and with a possible clean-up.
I was supposed to take the hall keys to close up but asked to not have to...I was tired. The keys then went to the best man [very drunk] who thought we had to clean the hall and he wasn't coming back in the morning. Not wanting him to handle the decor himself [with drunk friends] with a possibility of ruining them, I asked that he leave them and give me the keys so I could come in the early hours while others slept [a norm for me]? All he had to do was make sure the doors were closed after they left.....Nooooooo

All hell broke loose...!

He starts mouthing off to me, accusing me of coming to do bad things in the hall when no one would be there? Nobody gets up at those hours for goods things? Who the hell was I to boss everyone around all day long and all evening? .....I was JUST the DECORATOR! He had lots more of bad things that can't be repeated but you get the idea of insults hurled at me....innocent me!

There was no way in hell he was giving me the keys!

The Bride and Groom forgot to inform everyone who I was and what my role was, besides being the decorator!

I had just spent the two days/evening herding cats people/kids around!
Nagged drunks to keep their drinks of the hardwood floor part.
Telling the DJ that they couldn't use their fog machine due to asthmatic in the crowd, nor their strobe light because of there being an epileptic too. Which did not endear me to the drunk DJ [best man's friend] either!
The ones near the balloons must have thought I was a nagging b--ch!


The last thing in my life is me wanting people to hate me!

I go out of my way to be nice!

My Ex accused me often of always trying to make people like me by doing these things for them!

Only to come off as a B--CH!


That's what hurt the most!

Needless to say I didn't get the keys and spent the rest of the evening trying to get some sleep.

I was NOT there early the next morning!

Sadly I had to upset the Bride and Groom even more by telling them how disappointed I was in their friends and what was said to me and asked why they let no one know what I was there for besides the decor?

Somehow saying "I'm sorry" does n't always smooth the hurt feelings.

For everyone got to see the real mad me then!

Happily the sun shone as we drove home!

Now you know why it took so long for me to relate this "well learned lesson"!

Hopefully all the crap that happened at that wedding means clear sailing for them from then!


THE END!

P.S...They are now expecting in May...;)

No comments: