Friday, February 26, 2010

The Gothic Wedding...part 4

Continuing on with my complaining....


The set-up was not only difficult...try throwing in family drama!


Summation of fight I did not want to get into...

Bride-to-be...in hysterical tears!
-Her future in-laws were both pissed [drunk ?] because they felt left out of wedding plans? Both were literally screaming nasty things at her? Both felt left out because everything had happened at the couples place instead of theirs?
-The young couple had only wanted help with the cost, not anything else and had asked to do their wedding their way...which wasn't wrong in my books. That's what was agreed upon by everyone earlier in the planning stages... so why then with the grief?
-Traditional planning got in the way! Some steps got forgotten? This really bothered them?
-Some mean things got said [not by me] and feelings got hurt...all thank you to questionable parents celebrating [?] too soon!

Thus Groom was driven to tears...because dad's good at doing that sort of thing!


And yes...I was ASKED to step in...which I did!


Things got said [tactfully] and peace was restored...for them


For me...it affected my sugar levels and decorating got tougher!

Sugar out of whack makes anger a big thing with Diabetics!

When I get upset, I can't eat...no food + lots of stress + strenuous activity = unreasonable thinking, which led to me causing another problem...


The Ceremonial Arch Placement!

I didn't want to have to move it around and hoped to keep the reception setup easier without moving much, besides the chairs [no guarantee on helpers]. So I suggested the stage, not aware of the exact size of the DJ's music/equipment and the space needed. In my mind, if it was like the ones I'd seen before, they required minimal space. I should have just waited for them to setup instead if stubbornly insisting on the arch placement! I was more interested in the ease of my job later is probably the main excuse...;( I did see the reason later, but my insisting had caused added grief to an already stressful time!

[I am still trying to fix that annoying trait of mine...;}]


Then I run into Head Table Placement!

That caused some more problems. When one hires a designer, it should be done the designer's way [that's why you hired them], with the wedding couple being the only ones who has a say in any changes. I can be very stubborn about this fact! It may not makes sense as I am going along, but the big picture is in my head and it's extremely hard to put to paper. I do have detailed drawings but some still can't see? So all I asked was to do it my way first and if the couple & I don't like it then we'd change it.

There is always a decorator in the group that has to want it their way? I know they are only trying to help but it's also a hindrance! Sadly I always give in for the sake of peace! Wasted a good half hour only to do it my way in the end....GRRRRR...

These two wonderful events happened together!!

Can you imagine where my stress levels were then?......Sugars?

Things did get finished...I got some food into me and calm was restored.

BillyRoo and I left them to do their rehearsals....but I should have stayed as I was also their wedding coordinator, but it had already been too much and I needed sleep!



Finally the big day!

I started mine out by visiting Button's grave around 6 am in the misting rain. Had a good chat, informed her of what was going on and hoped she could do something about a better day/no rain...;}?

Won't bore you with all of the other disasters that happened like a no show photographer, hair dresser that couldn't do hair, scrounging for flowers to put in hair, missing flower for ring bearer [think dog ate it] and a little girl who wanted nothing to do with this wedding...

Plus more rain!


My take on children in the wedding party.

Is it...


I can hear all the "awes..." out there. Even got one from me when I saw them.

That's it for cuteness!

The littlest one's changed when she got tired [couldn't blame her] and parents should have removed her but didn't! Her brother was the same way but was good, in helping his little sister get through the walk down the aisle. Thing was, he didn't like the other little girl [my niece] as both wanted to be the leader! These pics tell the story. I was happy on the Dragon staying in it's basket. I knew she would be the strong willed one from previous experiences. They had a heck of a time getting her to wear that dress and no way was anyone doing her hair! She too, got tired.

That said, they were great walking down the aisle. Both kids were told they were the leader separately by their parents [alone] and were convinced to hold hands. Trouble was none of them knew where to go! Seems at dress rehearsal the plans were that they would walk out first? Why would you expect that age to remember where to go?

I had to get my big butt into the ceremony by having to guide them...then untie the aisle ribbon, which should have been the first bridesmaid.

All did finally go well for the ceremony...no I won't bore you with those shots...;}

Except for the signing table...

In the upper photo I have the only orb on all of my shots. This photo also includes the candle that they lit before the ceremony in honor of his deceased mother, Buttons. I like to think she was there!


Finally on to the reception...


One big thing the Bride really wanted was make an entrance through a sea of balloons on their walk to the head table. This took 300 balloons [the bridal party blew them up te night before]. The kids had a ball. This was another problem for me...keeping the dam things on the dance floor area. Kids weren't only the problem it was the ceiling fans! Ever tried getting balloons from under a bale while people are sitting at them. I would have left them only it became hard to walk through the table aisles with the balloons there! Not to mention sitting with them...which just happened to be where we were sitting! It went from being funny to hating them! Word of advice on the balloons...put them out just before they start their entrance and keep the fans off!. We had to have the fans because of all of the humidty inside and out.

The head table turned out not too bad...I had wanted more ivy but had depleted all stores of their stock..;}

The head table had become cluttered looking. The large candle/holder was a girft from her maid of honor and she wanted in on the table. I thought it was too tall...see I do make concessions...;}


This is far as bloger will let me go....


And yes there is more drama.....

No comments: