Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A NICE SURPRISE!


PoD and I were gifted with two free tickets to our town's Wildlife Federation's Annual Awards & Supper this Saturday.


Just a little thank you for all of the stuff that we do for them...:)


What a nice way to end an otherwise boring working day!


Too bad I don't like wild meat! Was promised normal food also...


All wild animals are safe from me! I neither want to kill them, have mounted on the wall, or stuff them or any other gross things.


Not sure what the awards are for...I've never attended one of these functions before.


I just like the thought of a free supper and entertainment!


That's what will get me there...


Unless there's a snow storm!


A VERY HAPPY THOUGHT FOR TODAY......:)!

2 comments:

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

My J went to a new group today to hear a talk.

It was a Wildlife Group and she told me it was very interesting, it was all about Red Kites, which I thought was just about red kites which are toys that fly in the sky.

Turns out they are Red Kites, birds of prey.

They ended up nearly being extinct 'cos people in the old days shot them for sport.

But now here in Scotland, we have loads of them. My Jeannie was full of it last night. I have to watch out apparently because they are big, with a five foot wing span, and may fancy me for their lunch!

www.argatyredkites.co.uk if you want to take a peek.

My J says sorry she has been lax in her commenting, life kinda got in the way, but she will catch up soon!

Happy New Year!

Marvin and Jeannie xxxxxxxxxxx

Queen of Halloween said...

Loved the new info on these majestic birds of prey. Scary to think a dog Marvin's size could be got. I've heard of the big birds breaking the larger animals back with a swoop so I say look out Marvin.