Sunday, December 06, 2009

"BE DARING" "BE WILD" "BE BOLD"...


I spend most of yesterday and part of today struggling to decide whether I wanted to attack the mess in my storage room...talk about procrastination!


It's depressing...


One of my biggest rules [to myself] is put the stuff in the proper containers as I take it down!
This years was a "just get it out of sight" job!


Now I have to pay for it!


I do justify my storage room mess with a whiny "I was sick" but that still doesn't justify my lack of respect for my collection...;(


The cat's complaining about there being an obstacle course to get to her litter box...and maybe when I found it, I would empty it?


The big thing is getting it done before I have to take down for Xmas!



Because...


I have been having fun while procrastinating...


I'm decking the halls!



One of my most favorite things!



I love sitting in my softly lit room watching a movie and take in all of the sparkle around me!


I know I am part crow as I LOVE sparkly things!


My kids have always grown up living in an overly sparkily atmosphere at Xmas time!
I love to call it "Santa Work Shop".


This year I have added some darkness to my Xmas. I like to think it as more Gothic like.


They have added BLACK [I got a 14"] pine trees and balls [you big city people probably have already seen them].


I will be able to use them at Halloween time...more bang for the buck...:)


My only other addition to my decor this year is foil wrapping paper. Normally I prefer to use only burnable paper to wrap my gifts...easier on the fireplaces [which I don't have so why should I care?]. But this month has started out depressing [work shortage] and we are drawing names [except for the grand kids] to help keep costs down...which is okay with me.


The thing is the lack of wrapped presents!


I've solved that issue by wrapping empty boxes of different sizes with sparkly paper/ribbons and they are spread all over the place...tactfully of course.


I even put them outside...with dirty cat litter inside for a surprise to thieves and help hold in place during storms. I just throw them in the trash when the season is over.


Will add photos as soon as the Nasty Downloader lets me!


Still procrastinating...



But I was DARING, WILD & BOLD!
While decorating!



Today's pick is

"Cat's Cradle"...
"Time to untangle the knots.
Don't put it off any longer."


It's 6:12 pm...


Supper time.......



;)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

My house is totally and utterly sparkley.

Husband says I am a cheap date, I love sparkle!

I had a real bargain with some electric red flower lights, which I have draped over a mirror, (which makes the mirror look even more beauteous!) so red sparkley flowers,

oh, bring the sparkle on, I say, life is far too dull without a bit of sparkle!

Jeannie x