Saturday, November 14, 2009

FRIDAY THE 13TH...?


Started Thursday evening around 4:30 or so with Trebor rushing PoD to the Dodge Emergency room!


It seems the discomfort she was feeling in her right pelvic during the day had suddenly became unbearable!


Prognosis....possible appendicitis or small bowel problem? Not being too sure, the doctor sent her into Saskatoon for further testing/operation?


Happily the Ex drove them into the city while I dusted off my babysitting skills. Thankfully my grand kids aren't babies anymore and are never any problem...they are very self sufficient!


My biggest problem was the pets...2 small lap dogs, 2 big cats and 2 MONSTER kittens!


Being allergic to most animals...is hard for me!


That wasn't the biggest problem...it was the KITTENS!


They were cute when sleeping but holy terrors when awake! Especially when I wanted to sleep!


JD has been fighting a cold for quite awhile and was complaining of headaches. During the night he was up every three hours and even slept walked once...which always scares the crap out of me. Not once complaining of being ill...just needing to use the bathroom and get more water. I chalked it up to being worried about his mom...AJ seemed to be okay about her being gone.


After a long night of JD and annoying kittens...morning finally came!



I guess I got used to my lonely [?] existence, cause I was looking forward to sending the kids off to school and me off to work! Especially...no more KITTENS!


JD was sick!


His head ached in the frontal area, his sinus were plugged and complained of his throat feeling raw?


Sounded like swollen sinuses to me?


I'm a sufferer, so it sounded all too familiar to me!



I got to teach my grand kids how to gargle!



Man...it's been years since I've had to dust that skill off!



Instructions are funny....take a small mouthful of warm salty water, tilt your head back and sing aaaaaaaa...longer the better!


You know the kid feels better when they start hamming it up...;)



Headache, stuffy nose and sore throat went away!



Kids were able to go to school and I went to work...



Work was busy with customers picking up their orders, making changes to errors [theirs] on banner and a lost order....a very FRIDAY THE 13th type of day! This day is usual just another day to me!


At 1:30...JD calls...he's sick...pick up at school and bring back to work...I am open til 3:00!


The HAPPY [sort of] news of the day turned out to be PoD's prognosis...a cyst on her ovary had burst!


No bowel problem.....always the dreaded cancer worry!


No appendix removal....it might still have a bit of involvement and she has to keep a watch on it.


So it's anti-biotic for the nasties that might still be in her body!


It was a very happy Mom that greeted her daughter & son-in-law when they got back...


Trebor was there to look after my daughter & help her see to their kids... and the MONSTER kittens!





BUT MOSTLY THAT MY DAUGHTER WILL BE ALRIGHT!




I got to go home to peace and quiet [except for the annoying cat who missed me]...




The last FRIDAY THE 13th of the year was finally over...



I'M SOOOOOO happy that's all that happened!

1 comment:

velvis said...

I am glad that PoD is home and on the mend and that it is the last Friday the 13th!!