Friday, October 23, 2009

COPS PATROLLING?

Woke this morning early, 4 [why do I say that when its my usual hour] to witness a police cruiser slowly drive by, with his search light on?


The oddity was seeing a cop!


One looking like he was looking out for the safety of its citizens?



A hour later I saw him drive by AGAIN ?


Found out later that there had been a massive home/garage invasion in Dodge with lots of expensive toys  taken!



One can't say break-in, as most of the homes had left their doors unlocked!


Some were not at home...


Some were!


Beats me how theives can come into someone's home, while the occupants slept, take their BIG flat screen TV and get away...without being heard?


The slightest little noise and I am wide awake!


Most are shocked about the events...


I'm Not!


PoD can attest to my constant harping about unlocked doors in this town. Some even joking state that they're guilty but feel safe enough to do so?


Not this old bird!


I, oddly enough, was raised in a home that NEVER locked it's doors and we lived in the BIG city. Moving out on my own changed that... and add the fact that life has gotten scarier!


I had remarked in older posts about the massive influx of strangers to this town because of the big pipelines going through it. If I was a thief I would have a cover job in the day and scope out places to rob in the night. Boys with expensive toys like to brag...

Small town people like to boast about how they enjoy the safety of small towns...like boasting on how they can live with unlocked doors...


All I can say for the niavety of these people is be REALLY happy that all they took was their toys...


There are sicker monsters out there and they will find these small towns!



Hate to be a doom and gloom nellie...



Locking the barn door after the horse gets out?


Makes no sense...


Hopefully these fine people take heed and see that this is a warning of what this TIGHT enconomy will do to those who will survive any way that they can!



For me...I give-out personal info to no one!

What I do let known is...


I use safeguards while being on my own...it is scary living where your livelyhood is.

Most might think I make tons of money and find out that they are wrong...what they will see is that I am just making ends meet. What strangers [customers] learn is that I carry no excess money...you'd be lucky if I could change a twenty. Orders are dealt through company offices. I personally use a debt card that has a limit & carry no excess cash.

I live in a dark house and can see peepers before they will see me. An obstacle course would await any intruder...ask my ex! Window accesses have noisy traps, doors squeak, floors creak and cat would freak!

It does help that, rumors has it...I am a witch

Or _itch...


I don't live in fear...


I have OTHER reasons to feel safe....



This has brought out PoD's old fears again and finally has her locking her doors again...


That has made me happy!


Yet sad, that it HAS TO BE THAT WAY...;(

1 comment:

Roan said...

As a kid, we never locked our doors. I have friends and family here who still don't. But, even small town Illinois is seeing a rise in crime, so hope everyone takes heed. After moving to the city, I never left my doors unlocked, and even though I've moved back to a small town, still don't.