Wednesday, September 23, 2009

MINIMUM WAGE JOBS OR EVEN UNSKILLED LABOR WORK ARE GONE!


In the beginning I was all for the removal of plastic bags [grocery store ones] for the sake of the planet's land fills...


Even bought the reusable ones [when these ones die...do they plug up the landfill instead?]and do sometimes remember to bring them when I shop.


My complaint is having to "bag my own groceries" at the check out, as it seems the check out baggers no longer exist!


Why is that?


Where have some of these minimum wage jobs gone?


We even need to have a "loonie" on you in order to use a shopping cart...


NO minimum wage job offered there. Granted they get their carts back...even if the cart line over extends into the parking lot. Not to mention frozen together in the winter!


We have seen the change at the gas pumps....


Full services is gone or are very few around so now one has to pump their own gas! Check the oil? Happily I don't own a car that works but do borrow one once in awhile and it ticks me off having to do those things!


Why are we paying more now at these places yet getting less service?



The people who would fill these positions would be able bodied workers yet have to go on welfare because of these minimal changes!



I for one HATE bagging my own groceries!

I HATE pumping/servicing my vehicle!



MOST OF ALL....


I HATE SUPPORTING THOSE WHO DON'T NEED TO BE ON WELFARE when there should be more work available.


Paying an employee is a write off...?


They don't even have to be full time!


It's time to re think some of those supposed changes!




Of course that's just my opinion!

No comments: