Sunday, April 19, 2009

WE SURVIVED...Part 2

I don't know about other Bloggers but I'm having problems with posting and it won't let me include photos either?


It's probably the operator...



Continuing...

The whole time that I spent in the basement was not a great time for me and hardest of all was the Custodial Quarters! Crazy sounding or not, it felt like it was sapping the life out of me? I should have spoke up and said something to the 2 guys who felt that they couldn't go down there any more either [they said it felt too spooky]. I don't think that having the stuff from the museum in there helped me either. My museum episode years ago ended in a massive allergy attack and I had to leave? The weird part was, it was only in the basement that I felt the weakest? It could have been the stuff from the corroding walls but no one else complained? The last time that I did try to go on an investigation, I couldn't breathe so I too, quit going down!

I was okay elsewhere?


We gals were the first ones back from our venture from the "creepy" basement. Their set-up included a monitor screen where we could watch the activity being recorded on the 4 cameras. From the basement cam one could see the little green light up meaning that it was recording activity.

NO ONE WAS IN THE BASEMENT!

Once in awhile you could hear the motion detectors going off also!

ALL HELPED JACK UP THE "CREEP" FACTOR!

Many goose bump moments...:o

The guys came back with their stories to tell...

The lead investigator, Miles, is a very energetic person and watching his excitement on each experience was enjoyable for me. I guess I have a sadistic side....;) He literally could not sit still! It might have wore him out to do another day...

Anyways...

One of his experiences involved meeting up with the dark shadowy figure that likes to hang around the outer hallway near the courtroom doors and stairwell! This figure has been seen by 4 or 5 other people who tell of it's elusive game of peeking around corners at them. One being me! This guy I would believe that he saw it! His main purpose that night was to "debunk" all of the ghost stories with reasonable explanations.

He couldn't explain away the "Shadow" and insists that he knows what he saw was real!


Again...where is the camera when you need it?


Jokingly, he reminded me of a Jack Russell Terrier with all of his energy and stubbornness just to get at the truth...:) [and NO he wasn't annoying like some of them can be]


The down side of ghost hunting is the WAITING for something to happen.


Kind of like watching paint dry...:)


What I like about doing this the most, is watching the other people and seeing how they react in a potentially scary situation...told yah I was sadistic...;)


It was great seeing how another paranormal group works their investigations. The Calling Lakes Paranormal Researchers use high tech equipment [one has to in order to record the phenomenon] also but include the use of mediums/sensitives. I have a tenancy to lean more towards technology rather than other peoples feelings/intuitions. I don't say that they're wrong or anything...it's just MY way of thinking only. I still want to experience all that wants to take a turn at this place. The Calling Lakes Researchers have warned me about some other ones that came to their "Paranormal Symposium" last year and said that it's a group that deals with demonology.


I don't want to go into how much THAT would IRK me! I WON"T DO THAT ONE!


Hope the town uses some sense! Keep religion out!



By the time 2:30 am rolled around both PoD and & had enough. It had been a long day for me [up at 5:30am] already and the heat in the place wasn't helping. Everyone was being hit by the "yawning" bug, one even fell asleep [their driver, so they didn't mind] and even his snores could be heard through closed doors. They didn't let him sleep too long as his snores might have been contaminating the sound recording.




I was soooooooo happy to be home!


Trouble was....I couldn't go to sleep!


Took about an hour...




3 hours later I was up...

Creepy dreams of the Courthouse! Something had followed me home...



Spent the rest of the day acting like I had been on a BIG DRUNK!





SCARY OR NOT....


I'LL DO IT AGAIN.....



IS IT MAY YET........:)

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

oooooh ghost hunting eh? Not my cup of tea I have to say, but it sounded very interresting.

Re posting photos or pics, have you checked your computer .....for a long while when I first started blogging (in the olden days LOL!), I was unable to post pictures, or at least I posted them, but could not see them. But other bloggers could, which was bizarre.

Turns out when husband took a look at computer, our computer was set to "block images from blogger", no idea how this happened, but we un checked the box, and all has been fine ever since.

Just a thought.

A Blogger In Need is a Blogger Indeed as they say.

J

Queen of Halloween said...

Thanks for the hint...hope your right. Ghost hunting is not for all but one must keep an open mind...:) TY for commenting!