Monday, March 17, 2008














Hard to believe that it's the middle of March right now! I must wish all of my loyal fans a happy and lucky day! No history lessons here...look it up yourselves ;)

This month has been a crazy time for me and I am completely exhausted from all of the play crap! Yesterday the set finally left my building and it's now where it belongs...on stage! Props are all finished and there's nothing left for me to do but herd the cats [stage managing]. I would really like to thank Wilma for stepping in and helping me with the "blackout" sequence near the end of the play. I personally think that it should have been the director's job to direct that part and not left for me to do! May the lucky of the Irish be shinning on you girl!

Things haven't been going to well with the play? Some actors still don't know their lines and dress rehearsal is Thursday. Prompting has been a real chore! This play has had it's problems...one actress got a new job and had to quit. The replacement hasn't had the same length of time to learn her lines completely yet, but is managing. One hides her script on the set and can't seem to read it properly? The date for the festival didn't give us much time to practice, yet some decided to take a weeks vacation? The light/sound guy had to miss the whole month of Feb and should be showing up now to practice his part, but has gone missing? The director is doing that job while still giving directions [they should be done by now]. This is one play I wished I'd stayed out of! I guess I'm getting too old for these kind of problems? It's time for me to retire completely!

There's been good and bad going on at my shop right now. The bad part is I am barely making it...my main support hasn't been doing much, so the income isn't in coming...just minor stuff from the town's people. The good part was...it gave me LOTS of time to work on the DONATION stuff. I've had to tightening the belt soooo much that I'm starting to feel skinny [not]! Seems the "Year of the Rat" is truly going the way that was predicted for me...[slow times a work] when the money [that's supposed to arrive] does come in, will have to go towards paying outstanding bills [it will be spent right away]! Like I was told by a commenter..."be thankful that I have a cracker to have crap on"! So those who see me grinning...know that I am "just bearing it"...cause I do have a cracker to crap on! Here's hoping that's ALL of the crap that befalls me! Having great children helping me out during these hard times, makes me even more thankful... for they ARE TRULY my "pot of gold" at the end of this rainbow!

THIS IS FOR THEM [& Wilma too]...
The shop is still decorated for St. Patrick's Day and normally I change it up for Easter but this year the Easter stuff will stay right in it's box. It's too soon for me to want to do anything decor wise in the shop and seeing as it's mostly for my benefit [no customers to see it]...it's just too much work for this tired old body! Besides...I still have Grad decorations to work on!!!

Maybe I'll find a bunny hiding in the shamrocks?SO....I'm going to get dressed in my green colored clothes and go looking for that rainbow...do they have rainbows with snow?

Just MAYBE the "Luck of the Irish" will shine on me......SOON?

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Top o' the mornin' to ya, lassie!

Ok, so it's mid-afternoon {sorta morning for me though!}

Roan said...

I've been visiting my daughter, so a little late wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day, and Happy Easter, as well. Hope you are having a great weekend! BJ