Tuesday, February 05, 2008

ONE OF THE PLACES I WOULD VISIT....

NEW ORLEANS for the Mardi Gras which happens to start today!

Forget the religious aspect of the event! I want be there to witness all of the craziness [which appeals to me], the costumes and their big parade! This has been on the list of things I would like to do before I am unable to do so!

I can't see this happening in my future but I can still dream!

On another note...
This year the grad theme is "Mardi Gras" and they have asked me to help decorate for it. The big "S" on my forehead insured them that I would say yes...

Seeing as I was labled one time as being "tacky"[?] it shouldn't be too hard for me to think along the Mardi Gras theme. Thankfully grad isn't until June so I have a long time to come up with something? The grad committee did suggest pillars with a huge mask for the entrance and 19 lamps with streets & avenues named after the kids...other than that I have to come up with how to make them than doesn't cost anything?


It's just one more thing to shove into my brain so it can help to keep me awake at night....

1 comment:

Roan said...

I've been to New Orleans on several occasions, but only once for Mardi Gras. It was a great one-time experience. I got pinched so much that I'm sure I had a spotted bo-hiney! It was a rather scary experience. I had a 2 hurricane glasses in my arms and thought I would be stabbed with the remains after being crushed in the crowd. I also worried about losing my friends and not being able to find the car. Once was enough for me.