Sunday, February 03, 2008

100 FACTS ABOUT ME!

I have decided to bore you with 100 facts about me...with a difference? Some of mine are going to be weird ones as they happen to out numbered the normal [what is normal by the way?]. These will be in no particular order as my mind jumps around a lot. Some facts have already been recorded on my previous blogs so they have been included for the new [?] fan club...

1. I was born in Edmonchuk, Alberta Feb. 18, 1951...which means I will be 57 this year [for those of you who need a calculator]. Since the death of my younger sister I count every day as a plus!

2. My dad married 4 times. So I have/had, 2 half brothers [1 deceased] & 2 half sisters [ 1 deceased], 3 sisters [2 deceased], 3 brothers and 1 adopted sister...counting me = 12 altogether. I was the 3rd youngest...am now the 2nd.

3. My 2 sisters, 3 brothers and me, swam competitively for 4 years! Which meant getting up at 6:00 am, do a 3 mile run and then swim for one and half hrs [sometimes with street clothes] then walk to school 1/2 mile away. With NO breakfast!

4. My mother was first married to my dad's younger brother, whom she divorced in order to marry my dad?

5. My mother died when she was 38 yrs old...I was 10.

6. I dreamt of my mother's death the night before she died. That was the first [that I remember] ESP experience of many since then.

7. My father died in 1972 at the age of 72.

8. I have the same first name as one of my deceased half sisters! I never knew this growing up and finally learned of it 4 yrs ago. All of my life I have always hated that name! I dropped the use of this name 31 yrs ago and I'm now known by my middle name.

9. There was 18 months between my younger sister and me and we were brought up as twins...some relatives couldn't tell us apart?

10. My sister had been given a nickname and I felt slighted so she gave us both secret nicknames; hers was Buttons and I was Bones [I've always been a Halloween fanatic].

11. My younger sister "Buttons" was killed [2004] in a farming accident [?] and I still mourn for her! She was born in 1952 and died in her 52nd year!

12. I have been married [eloped] & divorced [no children], then lived with the father of my two children for 26 years before kicking his lazy/cheating ass to the curb. Have now decided not to saddle myself with anyone else!

13. I love being single [see #12]

14. My pride and joy are my 2 children, 2 grand children and my two fur babies [cats].

15. I nearly didn't learn to drive because of a car accident that happened when I was 14...my dad was trying to teach me how to drive and I hit a parked car. I was terrified after that! I finally got my license when I was 21 on the first try.

16. I own a car [that doesn't work...still trying to get rid of it] but prefer to walk everywhere...it's a small town.

17. I drove a school bus for 6 yrs and have declared never to do that again!

18. I own my own sign business [actually the bank does] and work it with my daughter. I've been in business since 1987. I moved it into town in 2002.

19. I've lived in 3 provinces; Alberta, British Columbia and now Saskatchewan...been here the longest and will probably never leave.

20. I've never been a healthy person [allergies & such] in 1994 I became a Type 2 Diabetic [insulin dependent in 2006], I developed heart problems in 2005 and ended up with 3 "stents" in the left side. I also suffer from bronchitis!

21. Managed to get my diploma in 1969 [Commercial Artist] and have been working ever since. Before running my own business I worked as a Draftsperson.

22. I have never had the luxury of having someone support me since I was 16 [including my parents]. Time off while having kids was covered by my maternity leave payments.

23. I've co-owned 4 homes.

24. Halloween is my most favorite holiday of the year.

25. I ran a haunted house [Sask] for three years in my home and then had to move it out. I then ran a haunted courthouse for our town, for 3 years.

26. My daughter and I are into the paranormal. We did 2 paranormal tours in the courthouse for family reunions.

27. We also hosted a paranormal group that wanted to tape the activity in our courthouse. I even managed to stay the night in there but now refuse to do so ever again!

28. I once sculpted the head of a nephew-in-law and 2 hrs later heard that he had died because of head injuries incurred in a motorcycle accident?

29. My shop is haunted! We've experienced some weird unexplainable stuff while working there.

30. I am a true Aquarian! It fits me to a T...I have all of their traits.

31. My favorite color is Purple or a long the purple hue.

32. I enjoy Spring and Fall the most.

33. I hate all bugs except for Ladybugs and Dragonflies

34. I love camping but can only stand it for 3 days...after that the dirt, sunlight & bugs begins to get to me.

35. I used to be a skinny person but the fat genes in my family finally won out after birthing my 2 children. The fat haters like to judge me by my size? Some even say that we smell because we are overweight...like all of us never wash?

36. I hate people who judge people by their skin color and weight!

37. I love to draw and remember doing that since I was able to hold a pencil.

38. I love to sew and used to make a lot of my children's clothing until they were old enough to understand the meaning of designer labels. I was self taught and could out-sew my Home Ec teachers.

39. My step mother taught me how to knit and I taught myself how to crochet. I have also taught myself how to do cruel embroidery.

40. I designed and made all of our Halloween costumes for my brothers and sisters.

41. My adopted sister took dance lessons and I made all of her costumes.

42. Buttons and I were forced to learn how to play the accordion for 2 years. I now HATE accordions! It was cheap back then to learn an instrument and my step-mom loved the sound of that thing! When company came over, they were forced to hear us play...we hated being the performing monkeys!

43. Growing up we were always poor! When we were kids, we used to park cars in our backyard during Edmonchuk's Klondike Days [Exhibition] and the money we made enabled us to attend the Exhibition, purchase our school supplies and 1 outfit for the start of school.

44. In my younger years our backyard [before the Exhibition] was next to the stockyards and it was sort of like living in the country with all of the livestock. I never liked them like Buttons did except for the horses.


45. Buttons and I used to climb the trees, next to the fence that ran around Edmonchuk's Race Track, in order to watch the race horses run.

46. I witnessed the horrify scene of watching race horses burn to death when their stables burned down. I can still remember the sounds of their screams! The ones that were let loose ran around on fire. Sometimes I still have nightmare about it!

47. The park where we used to swim at was also Edmonchuk's first zoo and we got to play there a lot. Our parents never had the fear of strangers that we do now...our supervision was very lax.

48. I hate the sound of the peacocks screaming [during mating season] at night and it's a sound that still sends shivers down my spine.

49. I HATE BEARS! The reason will be explained in another post.

50. In my grade school years I remember we used to have to practice air raid drills which involved hiding under our desks if there ever was a nuclear bomb?

51. I've had my tonsils removed twice.

52. The only bone trauma I've ever had was a cracked tail bone and a hairline fracture of the skull. Other than that, I've never broken a bone.

53. I've dislocated my left elbow.

54. The first car I ever owned was a 1967 Mustang. It's exterior was "Evening Orchid" [a light purple] and the previous owner had it's interior carpet redone, a lime green shag! I had planned on removing the carpet for another but never did...couldn't afford it! I hated trying to vacuum the stones out of it!

55. I volunteer my time on 2 projects right now. I've done 17 productions of Community Theater, working right now on my 18th [only missed one year since it's conception] and the building/planning of our walking trail. I used to be a Kinette but had to quit because I was too old to be of any use?

56. I'm addicted to ice cubes...thankfully my son bought me an ice maker last year for Xmas. I go through 3 large bags full a week...that's just in the winter.

57. I tried smoking [cigarettes] when I was younger but found myself allergic to tobacco.

58. Was addicted to smoking maryjane but now have been free of the habit for 13 months...still have cravings once in awhile! I don't think it's ever going to go away!

59. I own a massive collection of Halloween stuff!

60. I love to build things from scratch...I hate renovations! We are SLOWLY renovation the upper part of my building.

61. My kids, grand kids, fur babies and I, all have blue eyes. My mom had blues eyes and I was the only one who got that trait from her.

62. I love to transform rocks into works of art by painting whatever I see in them.

63. I don't like to paint on canvass!

64. I don't drink alcohol [except for a beer at festival time].

65. I love chocolate! I'm addicted to it! Prefer the dairy over dark...but will eat both!

66. I hate celery and peppers of any color!

67. Prefer vegetables fresh from the garden...I hate forced grown store bought ones.

68. I'm addicted to Clamato Juice. I especially love it in beer!

69. I'm allergic to animals and birds, except for my two cats.

70. I have diabetic feet and this makes my balancing very poor...ladders are a no-no!

71. I dance like no one is watching, singing like no one is listening and will someday love like I've never been hurt!

72. I love doing crossword puzzles.

73. During high school I belonged to the gymnastic team. We were even asked to perform in the Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonchuk.

74. I am of a mixed heritage. We have traced my dad's side from Middlesex, England to the NWT in Canada where we mixed with the Inuvik and then added the First Nations People to it. My mother's side is mostly English, Irish and some German. So I classify myself as a "Heinz 75".

75. I have lived all my life with racial prejudism...especially hate those who look down on us "drunk Indians"!

76. I do not ever remember seeing my grand parents on my Dad's side of the family. This includes any photos?

77. I have some phobias. I hate to fly, being on what I call "dark water" [lakes & such] and I have a fear of heights.

78. I taught myself how to use the computer and mostly the program that I use for my business. I can draw and design on it.

79. I don't like to gamble! I do buy lotto tickets once in a while on the chance I might be lucky?

80. I own a lot of tools and love to receive them as presents! Still trying to recover from the 50-50 split with the ex over the loss of some of them.

81. I love nature and I recycle as much as I can [being in a small town makes it hard].

82. I dislike religion of any kind and welcome any arguments about it.

83.I'm allergic to scented anything! Perfumes of any kind give me a splitting headache.

84. I hate people who feel they have to be smelled a mile away!

85. I very seldom wear make-up. I only put on the war paint when going somewhere special!

86. I am very addicted to bargain hunting. Last year was the first year that I abstained from hitting every garage sale that I came across! I still love "dumpster diving"! There are some very wastefully people out there and I believe in recycling!

87. I am a "humanitarian" and I feel the world's pain! Especially the down-trodden!

88. I love silence! The constant hum of daily living I find annoying. I do not listen to a radio!

89. I hate the music being played on blogs while I am trying to read them. Especially those who include video clips while their background sound is playing?

90. I LOVE HORROR movies! I HATE GORE movies! The ones that make these movies should separate these differences. Being scared is not the same as being grossed!

91. I love to do Tarot readings...I own my own set of cards. I'm not a fanatic!

92. I collect owls [not live ones] and unusual teapots.

93. I still have the first plates I bought when I moved out of the family home, 40 years ago! I still use them.

94. I'm not a sports fan! I watched my son play hockey when he was younger and hated the violence of it...mostly for him.

95. The only sports I might watch is; swimming, figure skating and equestrian events.

96. I have never skied either on water or land! I used to enjoy tobogganing when I was younger but now prefer to play it safer at my age!

97. I have always wanted to learn Ball Room dancing but lack the partner to do so. Seeing as I prefer to be alone I can't ever see that never happening!

98. I have never seen the sense of whacking at a ball, so golfing, tennis, baseball and badminton are out!

99. I HATE FACE BOOK! I don't care if you have more friends than me!

100. I DO HOLD A GRUDGE WHEN I HAVE BEEN DONE WRONG BY SOMEONE! I'm like an elephant...I NEVER FORGET!

Whew...that was one of the worst things I have ever done! How does one compile all of these facts and not forget some of them?

I'm not about to try 100 more....!

Hope your butt isn't sore [I lied] from sitting here reading this? I hope your a speed reader like I am!

THE END!!!!

5 comments:

Headgirl said...

Hi htere!

Well done on completing your list, I know they take ages to compile.
And what a interesting list too.
Some things I knew from real life, others from previous posts & lots was new to me.
Spoted a we have in common...81,82,86,94,96,9,99 & 100!

Best wishes
Blue

Headgirl said...

Re-reading my first 'comment' and noting grammer & spelling mistakes, think I left my brain in bed this morning!

Anonymous said...

oh I love reading this 100 posts! You learn so much.

I am going to read it again tomorrow, but just wanted you to know I have read it.

Thank you for posting it, it takes a time doesn't it? But I must say I found it very theraputic when I did mine.

I will call in again tomorrow for a longer browse!

Jeannie ;0)

Anonymous said...

100 facts are a great deal to take in, in one gulp!

J ;0)

Roan said...

Whew! Yep, my butt is sore...however, I really enjoyed reading your 100. I've always wanted a tarot reading...too bad you are so far away, I would have you read my cards! I am always curious about the ESP thing. I have had several 'unusual' premonitions. Great list! BJ