Wednesday, January 23, 2008

THE TWELVE DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS
The first day after Christmas my true love and I had a fight!
And so I chopped the pear tree down and burnt it, just for spite.
Then with a single cartridge I shot that blasted partridge!
The second day after Christmas I pulled on the old rubber gloves
and very gently wrung the necks of both the turtle doves!
On the third day after Christmas my mother caught the croup.
I had to use the three French Hens to make some chicken soup!
The four calling birds were a big mistake for their language was obscene!
The five golden rings were completely fake and they turned my fingers green!
The sixth day after Christmas, the six laying geese wouldn't lay.
So I sent the whole gaggle to the S.P.C.A!
On the seventh day, what a mess I found.
All seven of the swimming swans had drowned!
The eighth days after Christmas before they could suspect.
I bundled up the eight maids-a-milking, nine ladies dancing, ten lords-a-leaping,
eleven pipers piping, twelve drummers drumming
- well, actually I kept one of the drummers - and sent them back...collect!
I wrote my true love "We are through, love!"
And I said in so many words
"Furthermore, your Christmas gifts are for the Birds!"
Author Unknown


Actually it's 29 days after christmas right now...but I thought this was funny anyways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh!

Out loud! ;0)

Roan said...

Hilarious!