Monday, January 21, 2008

Need I say more...

PoD and I are no longer in the Wedding Planning business! These two sisters [as depicted above] have made us realized that there is TOO MUCH STRESS in that kind of occupation!!! Add their mother to the combination and you will have two weddings from hell!

PoD has even backed out from being the "Matron of Honor" for one of them! Friendships have been torn asunder from the antics of these two! Maturity is definitely NOT one of their qualities!

Many signs were there...

First Sign:
One should have realized from their first comment of "NO TACKY WEDDING DECOR" that it should have been taken as a warning...not just a slap in the face?

Second Sign:
Cancellation of a shopping spree for wedding decor [road trip with Wilma and Puffy]...seems I was destined not to go that way. Thankfully I don't have to eat that expense. Had bought candles for table decor but PoD can used them for meditations, that she now needs in order to unwind from uncalled for stress...

Third Sign:
Change from reasonable decor to "Extremely Elegant" in order to out do each other. Both wanted us to make theirs the "BEST"?

All I can say is that I am SO very happy that we are NO LONGER doing this...

I feel like I just dodged a bullet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, I am not in the loop with this tale,being new to your Blog, but it sounds like you have avoided a nightmare.

Some brides seem to forget that their "day" is only the start of a very long journey.

I hardly remember anything from my wedding day, a combination of nerves, too much vino at the reception, and being slightly irritated at my Mother In Law's comments!!

The main thing I remember though is my beloved Pa, squeezing my arm as we walked into the ceremony. And my Mother In Law's comments immediatley afterward when I had been manacled for life!

I could actually write a whole series of posts on my Ma In Law, but it is too close to home!

Think perhaps you are well out of it!

love and light, Jeannie ;0)

Anonymous said...

ps I am still puzzled by "orbs", am I missing something?