Friday, January 25, 2008

The Month After Christmas

‘Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I’d nibbled, the eggnog I’d taste
At the holiday parties, had gone to my waste.
When I got on the scales there arouse such a number!
When I walked to the store [less walk than a lumber]
I’d remembered the marvelous meals I’d prepared;
The gravies and sauces and the beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I’d never said “No thank you, please.”
As I dressed myself in my husband’s old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt…
I said to myself, as I only can
“You can’t spend winter disguised as a man!”

So…away with the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
‘Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won’t have a cookie…not even a lick
I’ll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won’t have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie
I’ll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I’m hungry, I’m lonesome, and life is a bore…
But isn’t that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

Author Unknown


Seeing this poem in a weekly flier has hit home to me!


This is the start of something for me...I'm tired of "hoisting" myself out of bed. My fat clothes are starting to fit me again and this weight couldn't possibly good for my medical condition!


I refuse to say the word seeing as that usually jinxes me so all I will say I'm going to eat like a rabbit....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, that Cat is gross!

Sorry about my "flounce" on Jeannie, but have had probs with a commenter, not sure if that is the right word.......whatever.

Check out my new post on Jeannie for more info, am going to start somewhere else - I have deleted some of the comments and saved the posts for now. So you won't perhaps understand the why and wherefore, suffice to say, I am not easily freaked but I freaked.

J xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Her Maj!

I am staying put! So Jeannie blog lives to see another day.

Had a few 'odd comments' which worried me.....but have pulled myself together now.

You can find me in my usual place!