Saturday, August 11, 2007

TOO OLD TO LEARN NEW TRICKS?

When it comes to most technology I have to admit that I am pretty inept!

I have been able to teach myself the drawing aspect of the program used in my computer [which I'm pretty proud of] for my business and can manage some other programs, just as long as there isn't a lot of computer technology needed. I rely pretty heavily on my kids for that sort of thing.

It's the start-up needed for doing these things that confuses me and this brain refuses to absorb it! One example is that I would like to start a new blog that involves my cats blogging...you know CWB. Believe it or not I was stopped by needing a URL name...what the hell is a URL? PoD set up this one and I watched her do it but obviously went right over my head! Where does one find that list that explains all of these confusing commands and that it is written in such a way that it is understandable by inept people like me? Example...Wilma gave Blue some info on linking sites....zoom...went right over my head!

At lot of my problem is that I am afraid to try these things because every time I do try, I end up wrecking something! I have to use PoD's computer to blog on, as mine is no longer able to do so...I keep getting "Fatal Error" when I try! That happened after I tried to switch from the "old style blogger" to the "new style blogger" and all hell broke loose...lost commands that caused errors. Since then PoD has told me to leave those things alone and let her or BillyRoo do it for me!

I HATE not being able to do these things for myself...I HATE waiting for someone to help me...it grates against my "Jill" abilities not mention that everyone one else seems capable and I'm NOT! Grrrrrrr!

I guess I should be content with being able to upload a photo even though I'm clueless on how to set them up properly and not having them go all over the place! I'm lucky that I was able to post some kind of picture for my blog...but it didn't go where I wanted it to though! I wanted it to come up when I comment on blogs...just like Wilma's does! Even that's too complicated for me!
So, if someday it looks like I quit blogging...I didn't...it's because I screwed something up so badly that even my kids couldn't fix it!

1 comment:

Headgirl said...

On the theme of new tricks, my latest will have to be doing EVERYTHING right handed on my own. WHY, just you go& see!

blue
x