Sunday, August 12, 2007




BRAIN ALARM CLOCK?

For the second time this month I have had dreams about decorating for Halloween!

I must have forgotten to...or don't remember how to...turn off that time clock in my head!
Ever since I have decorated my house or Courthouse for Halloween, this would be the time I would start my planning for the haunt! The dreams would start first and the building process would start shortly after my plans were made.

I have no plans what so ever about haunting the Courthouse...last year was the final year for me and PoD! After my first dream, I kind of scared PoD, as she figured I might be starting again with the Courthouse...contrary to my final words! I had to reassure her that, NO I wasn't thinking of the Courthouse and that the dream involved the new place where I am living right now.

Yesterday was cool enough for me to be able to tidy up the garage and rearrange the stuff stored in it. I did have a few thoughts at that time about the possibility of having a tiny walk-through for Halloween this year but decided I still wasn't ready to do that again.

I guess my mind had other ideas...hence the dream last night! I do plan on decorating the outside of the house and the thoughts involve how I am going to do that so the vandals in town won't have a hay-day with them. This will be a challenge I'm looking forward to doing!

Anyways...

I figure I should finally post the pics from last years haunt before I start another! My inability to post these pics last year as I was narrating the haunt...was because of all of the blogger problems on photo posting. If you go back to my older posts the story starts then...Friday Nov. 27, 2006. Don't forget to watch for the "Orbs" that appear is some of the shots...

This is the entrance area and was "WoManed by Wilma and Helper" the shots are a little fuzzy as I had to lighten them to be able to see something...
Next is the entrance to the haunt which started at the court room entrance. This area was decorated by PoD and she controlled the pace of the haunt.
This area of the haunt was called the "Time Warp Tunnel" which was a creepy 15' tunnel that led into the main area. I had problems with my camera in that area so there isn't as many shots showing the layout and some of the creatures that inhabited it. Here are the few I got...
Right after that last shot things started to go weird with the camera and after these next 2 photos it quit altogether...it wouldn't let me take any more photos of the courtroom action. The 2 shots that happened next show a weird orange light pattern. There was nothing in this area for the orange to reflect or emanate from and it sure wasn't there for the naked eye to see...
We had "Stairwell Guards" that kept the movement going from one floor to the other. These photos were taken on different nights and the guards where changed. The night that my family came the "Upper Floor Guard" post was womaned by my sister-in-law who also ran the worker's snack & refreshment area. I wasn't able to get a shot of her but this shows the outfit that she wore. The "Main Floor Guard" shown here is her grand daughter and we called her the "Bad Fairy"...as I heard later, after is was over, that she scared a lot of people and most found it difficult to get by her...they didn't know if she was a real person or a dummy as she was so tiny.
The basement was called "The Lost Mine" and the controlling guards were "Conman and Funny Lady". They kept control of the "Evil Midgets" [my grand kids]. I didn't get a shot of "Conman" but was able to get one of "Funny Lady" & the "Evil Midgets".
Saturday night my brother "Tank" ran the "1st Mine Shaft" and controlled the "White Spider" that lived in there. He was assisted by his grandson "Evil Boy"....

Here some shots of the 1st mine shaft...The "White Spider's Lair"
The last photo above is the exit to the spider lair and "Tank" said he had a hard time getting people to go through here and some had to be helped. After this area came the mine shaft #2 which was a long walk way filled with scares...manned mostly by the "Evil Midgets".
The final part of the haunt was "Mine Shaft #3"...this place housed the prison cell, prison cell, electric chair and "Mad Creatures"....

This a cute shot of "J-Rod" as our "Mad Creature

I wasn't able to take pics of the other areas after that as my camera died again. This is the ending shot of the exit of the mine shafts...
See why I don't want to do this again and these are only a few that I can show without exposing my helpers and I'm pushing my luck on the blogging space.
The one shot I do regret not getting was of my scary hair!

No comments: