Friday, August 17, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUTTONS

Sadly she's not with us any more to say it to her. She would have been 55.

Today I plan on visiting her grave, in Cornation, Alta, to spend some time with her once again.

For many years [since 1997] we have always planned a get away from our respective families around or on her birthday by going camping. This was a fun time for us and it helped us become closer to each other. Although one year I was ticked off because her friends from Cornation decided to join us and that ruined our special time together...or so I thought. Looking back now I appreciate that time better because it showed me her part of her life that I didn't know and who her friends were. At her funereal I was able to revisit with these people and got to learn even more about her life away from us.

It's been 3 yrs since her death...I still miss her and I believe I always will...time has never healed my pain!

PoD and I painted memorial stones to lay at her grave and I will be checking them out to see how they fared out in the weather. If they are in not too bad of shape I will touch them up and cover with a coat or two of varnish. If they are too bad I will bring them home to be repainted. Hopefully they will be alright as I do not wish to make a return trip...this one is going to be hard enough! The rock that I painted was of an old barn [she farmed] with one white horse in it. This was to represent the horse she always wanted but never got.
Pod's rock was dedicated to her love of her Aunty. PoD and BillyRoo spent many hours at her place getting to know her and their cousins....I know PoD feels her loss as badly as I do.
It's going to be a long 2 hrs getting there but I know I will spend that time thinking of all of the great times that did have together and how happy that we took the time to have these memories.
Happy Birthday Buttons...wish you were here!
Love.....Bones

No comments: