Thursday, August 16, 2007

THE KING HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

30 years ago today, Elvis Presley passed away. I still remember what I was doing on that fateful day and how it affected me!

It's silly to let something like that bother a person... but it did! I didn't idolize stars like most teenagers do today but I did love to hear that guy sing! They definitely don't have anyone like him today and all 0f his impersonators just want to cash in on his fame. He was also someone who had a long road of trouble caused by stardom! I wonder...was it worth it?
In Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee the have declared Aug. 11 to the 17....Elvis week. Graceland has been one of the places I have always wanted to see....maybe one day!

I still listen to his music and always will!

Long live the King! R.I.P.!

No comments: