Sunday, August 05, 2007

GOOD NEWS ? OR POSSIBLY BAD ?

The good news is that the "For Sale" sign is down from the neighbors place!

The bad news might be that they found work here and plan to stay!

I'm hoping for the first scenario...I think that they hated it here too much to want to stay!


AND.....THEY STRUCK AGAIN LAST NIGHT!

I peg this attack on the teenage neighbor....and 3 of his friends!

Around 11:30pm, I was startled by this banging on my front door! I was watching an action type movie at the time [BillyRoo had gone to bed] and thought it was the movie until I heard it again...only louder! I went to see what was up and found no one! I went to the back door thinking that they might have gone around after receiving no answer. Still no one! Thinking not much of it, I went back to watching the movie. A few minutes later it happened again...this time a lot louder like someone was trying to get in! This scared the hell out of my cats! Thumber ran for cover and Suki's hair stood up on her back and she growled! I have never seen her do this before and that scared me!

I ran up the stairs to get BillyRoo as I wasn't facing what might be out there alone! Waking him up we both looked outside and around the place...NO ONE! He even checked out his car to make sure that someone didn't fool with it. Thankfully nothing happened to it!

Looking down the street to downtown we saw 4 guys walking away from this area. They were too far away to make out who they were but at that distance I was still able to make out that they were teenagers. I can't prove that they did it but it seemed too much of a coincidence that they just happened to be there after what had just happened?

It seems bad to blame it on the neighbor's kid...but seeing as I haven't made any other enemies in town...it makes me wonder?

I got BillyRoos camera from him and decided to stay up and try to catch them trying to do it again. I even changed into black clothing so I could hide in the dark!

Seeing them walking downtown reminded me that I had a business down there and thinking of the damage that they could be doing to it made me go and check it out!

Could have been a stupid move on my part! Thankfully it wasn't and all was well...I don't think they know I own a business down there...unless someone told them...which I doubt!

Anyways...I tried to stay up but I figured they were going to someone else's place to party and wouldn't be back until the early morning hours....

I woke up at 6:00 am this morning and the first thing I did was check the front door.

I GOT CARROTED!

YUP...Carroted!
I guess they couldn't find any eggs to throw and someone must have not wanted their vegetables because I found cooked [sliced up] carrots on the screen door, on the front of the house and on the grass and sidewalk!

Kind of made me laugh!

Eggs would have been a mess to clean up whereas carrots could be eaten by the birds or the roaming rabbits! I guess I could thank them for feeding the animals/birds but no sense on rubbing salt into their wounds.

I remember playing "Knock-A-Door Ginger" when I was a kid and I guess I could write that off as a harmless prank but I am pretty sure we didn't do it to scare the hell out of someone...or maybe we did scare someone that badly? So I'll write that prank off as "turn-about being fair play"!

I never, ever "Egged" anyone!

But I will leave this incident alone....

It had been too quiet lately and just gives more reasons to wonder....

What's NEXT......?

No comments: