Thursday, July 26, 2007

SUKI'S...HEALTH UPDATE

I may have found the solution to Suki's throwing-up?

When I got home from work yesterday, I noticed that there wasn't as many puke spots as before...granted it was also a cooler day.

I had changed her food to one that supposed to have a better PH value than the one that both my cats preferred. That was one of the main reason that I had kept them on the other brand...was that it was one that they would eat! Not a good idea! Vets say that indoor cats need a change-up of their food...especially as they get older. Outdoor cats develop a different type stomach as they supplement their diet with live food and cure their stomach ailments by eating grass.

Since I moved to my new place I stopped giving them grass [didn't want puke spots on the rug]and that maybe one of the problems also! I'll just learn to live with the grass-puke spots...if that's what it takes to keep them healthy!

I have been keeping an eye on Suki's fur...it's still looking good so she is not in total distress...yet!

She still runs around and acts like a kitten...if it wasn't for the puking I would say she's just fine.

I have also decided that she will be going to see a vet if things go on too long....after all what's one more debt when it concerns one of my children! Without them things would be pretty lonely at home without them!

2 comments:

Headgirl said...

Sorry to hear about Suki! Hope grass works, the little ginger cat next door to me has her daily nibble of my lawn..

Blue

Anonymous said...

Thanks Blue for your concern...much appreciated. Did find some other type of food that supposedly is just for indoor cats and greens are included...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Also keep your chin up and keep treading waters, hopefully things get better for you...maybe send the rainy weather our way...take care
QoH