Monday, July 23, 2007

HOT...HOT...HOT...

I don't remember when it's been so bloody HOT!

I think I'm living with a constant headache from having fans going all of the time!

My cats aren't doing so well either and I am quite worried about Suki as she is throwing up quite often right now. I've been rubbing her down with a soaked towel [I don't want to wet her too much] and it has eased her over-heating quite a bit, because she runs around like a spunky kitten after I do this. Thumber runs every time she sees me doing this to Suki...she somehow knows that she's next!

We had a bit of break from the heat, on Saturday, as we got lightning/thunder and a bit of rain in the early [2:15] morning hours . I was awaken by the flashing of the lightning and then had to jump out of bed, to quickly rush over to my shop to move the "Water Fall's Basin's" back into place! We haven't moved the washer & dryer to my new place yet [too hot to move them] and I have been doing my wash there and it was difficult with the basins in place so I had moved them aside.

It was lucky that I did because the floor was quite wet by the time I got there!

I was quite scared about walking in the rain as it was lightning out...I kept far away from trees as possible!

It was a wasted trip as it stopped raining shortly after I got back!

Getting back to sleep was hard!

Of course I was wide awake by the time I got back and PoD was picking me up early so we could go to Wal-Mart in the nearest town to pick up the new "Harry Potter" book!

She is quite a "Harry" fan and I'm surprised that she didn't want to camp outside their doors to make sure she got that book! As it was, the place looked quite empty when we got there and there was hardly any books gone from the huge pile that was there! I guess we don't have as many crazy fans that the big cities have! It was kind of neat to shop with hardly anyone else in the store!

I had made lots of plans to get my house out of the "we're still moving look" when I got back from shopping but the heat in there changed my mind! I spent Sunday doing the same thing as Saturday....vegetating in the heat! Thankfully Pod and her family picked me up to go swimming Sunday evening...which any respite from this damn heat is good!

And guess what?....she's already finished the book!

So here I sit...it's hotter than hell in here already and I must plan on what we have to do for today...

We have another huge sign order that has to be completed quickly...so HI HO, HI HO it's off to work I go...

No comments: