Sunday, July 01, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!

I am so proud to be Canadian!

I don't always agree with my country's leadership and crab about it like everyone else but I do love the land that I stand on!

I have traveled from one ocean to the other across Canada and loved every beautiful sight of it!

The only place I haven't visited is up north where part of my heritage comes from. My great, great, great, great grandfather came from Laleham, Middlesex, England and arrived on Canadian shores in the early 1800's and settled with an Inuit woman. My relatives are of English/Inuit/Cree origin so I classify myself more Canadian than those of mostly imported genetics. I am very proud of my native blood line!

In the past years we generally celebrated Canada Day on my step-mother's birthday [June 30] and had some family gatherings at that same time. Since her passing in 2003 family get together only happen when someone dies!

We had hoped to get together on my grand daughter's 10th birthday but daily events here changed that. Here's hoping that we can revive the gathering later this month or in August?

Yesterday my niece and her husband came to visit with PoD and her family. They dropped by last night to see my new place. It was great to see them!

Don't know if we will be having any Canada Day celebrations but who knows?

Hopefully someone in town will have fireworks and we will get to see them!

SO HAPPY CANADA DAY TO ALL MY CANADIAN FRIENDS AND HAVE A GREAT SUNNY HOLIDAY!

Meanwhile....back at my place I have this to contend with.......

A crazy neighbor and his dogs........story coming soon!

No comments: