Friday, June 29, 2007

CAT & DOG FACT:

Read an article lately about flea collars for your pets.

WARNING:

CATS CANNOT WEAR FLEA COLLARS THAT ARE MEANT FOR DOGS!

It seems that one of the ingredients [Permethrin] found in dog collars is not safe for cats! Over a period of time the ingredient will cause convulsions and in some cases even death!

Reading further about flea collars I found that most vet's recommend that you don't use these collars at all for either animal!

The use of these collars are only effective in the small area around the collar and seldom get to the back end. Over a long period of time the chemicals are absorbed into the skin and can cause other organs to fail. They recommend that you keep your animal clean with shampoos only recommended by your vet and none from over-the-counter stores!

And if that isn't enough reasons...the collars are not easily broken and can get caught...causing the animal to hang themselves!

I know every time I put these collars on the animals I would be the one getting sick! I found that I could never pet any of my animals when they wore these things so I eventually stopped using them and let nature take it's course.

I found washing my pets kept the bugs away and me healthier!

No comments: