Thursday, July 12, 2007

THE CONTINUATION OF VACATION 2007...

We finally finished up Ft Edmonchuk and found we still had daylight left so we figured to squeeze in West Edtn Mall...like walking 158 acres wasn't enough!

Again lots of construction made driving thru traffic hell but we managed to find the place we were looking for...I guess it was too big to move also!


Entering this large mall was exciting for the kids as the first thing that met our eyes was the pirate ship that sits in the water world area. Both kids love pirate shows! It's too bad they don't let anyone on the ship as it would have been a neat thing for all of us to experience!

The next thing we saw was the mass of people in the mall...more than any I have ever seen on previous trips! Right away PoD's and my paranoia set it and demanded that both kids hold our hands and never stray away! This didn't go over too well as both kids are getting too old for that but hang on we did! I was sure glad we did because maneuvering through that mall was near to impossible!

I wanted the kids to go on the rides that they have there and figured I would be able to find it right off...wrong! We had to back track A LOT in order to find what we wanted and managing that with all those people made tempers pretty short!

In our wanderings we came across one of their live displays...Flamingos. Both PoD and I have never seen this bird up close and were amazed that the birds weren't more bothered by the vast amount of people looking at them. PoD managed to get a few good photos of them because they were behind glass and figured the flash would make it impossible.


We finally found the ride area and spent 28.00 for 20 tickets. I figured that would be lots until you saw that each ride per person ranged from 3 to 6 tickets each...what a rip off! There was also a height restriction to some of the rides so the kids were limited that way also! They were still able to ride a few and had the most fun on the kid's rollercoaster.

Both PoD and I figured we'd be able to sit and watch while they had fun [resting our poor tired feet] but found that we couldn't just sit and watch as photos had to be taken! Neither PoD nor I like rides anymore so the kids got all of that fun!

One of the things that we did do together was go through the "Haunted Castle"! I had gone through this attraction in 2003 with my sister and found that it was okay for the kids to experience as it was really tame for me...actually kind of boring! I could do a better job than they did!

For the 4 of us it cost 28.00! But it was well worth it!
I went in the lead and got to watch how scared the kids were...it was lame for me but not the kids! Both wrapped themselves around their Mom and made it difficult for her to move! At one point JD couldn't get past the "Wolfman"...PoD said she could feel him wiggling around and going agh, agh, agh alot! Laughter made it harder for her to move! Half way through the haunt is an exit point and you could leave if you wanted to, which AJ wanted to do, but like sick parents we are, made them continue. The final scare was the huge spiders in the end and that made all of them move faster as we finally exited through a revolving barrel that had strobe lights. That part bothered my senses...so I just closed my eyes and walked through it.
On the outside the kids said that they enjoyed it but didn't want to do it again. The attraction also has a photo-op area where you can take pictures of just your head. I don't normally show my families faces but there is a large "Orb" in one of shots of AJ as a vampire...near the right arm area.
We were done after that and decided to go eat before getting back to Chelly's.
All of us had sore feet and tired legs so after visiting a bit with Chelly and Chane we went to bed!
Stayed tuned for our next adventures...in day 2 of our vacation!

No comments: