Sunday, May 27, 2007

RENOVATIONS UPDATE...

Not much renovating going on seeing as I am STILL removing junk from my place.

I am ashamed to admit how much has gone to the dump and I am STILL NOT FINISHED!

THREE loads in a 6' x 8' utility trailer filled to the brim [3'high] has been removed from this place and probably a fourth after the town-wide garage sale being held next weekend! That doesn't even include the removal of renovation materials!

This has only helped me to strengthen my resolve "NEVER TO COLLECT JUNK EVER AGAIN"! Granted I can blame most of it on needing it for my work [which obviously I didn't or it wouldn't have had to be junked] or to use it in theatre set building/decorating. I used to make the table centerpieces for the dinner theatre so that meant keeping 24 of whatever...this added up after awhile and it didn't help having a whole building that I could store it in either!

I have also removed all of my "creature building" materials and forms that I needed for the haunted courthouse...guaranteeing that I will not be doing the haunted courthouse ever again! I will be going through my Halloween decor and cutting it down also keeping only my collectibles!

I've been so busy throwing out junk that the urge to go Garage Sailing hasn't bothered me this weekend and this purging episode will stay strong in my mind for A LONG TIME so any hording of stuff doesn't interest me like it used to!

My next test of will power will come next weekend when the Garage Sale is on! Hopefully I will be stuck for a long time at my own sale and that I am not tempted too much! But if I do check the sales out, hopefully I can resist collecting anything else that can't be used right away!

I still have that little devil sitting on my shoulder whispering...."You never know when you might need that...."!

No comments: