Monday, April 30, 2007

HEALTH UPDATE…for those of you who give a damn

My Bronchitis has gotten worse!

One doesn’t realize how much the pollutants in the air affect your breathing until you start straining for oxygen!

With spring comes yard cleaning [not my yard]…the stirring up of “snow mold” and street cleaning of dirt! I can’t have the windows open for fresh air… there is none!

Not to mention the fact that I have been cleaning & rummaging through clutter! All of the dirt & dust is taking a toll on my lungs!

Six days ago I had to have my son drive me to the hospital because I couldn’t breathe!

I tried everything I could think of to open my airway and nothing worked!

I tried the usual standbys…hot coffee, hot water, Vicks on my chest & the bottoms of my feet & allergy pills! Still…my chest was so congested that it left me struggling for air!

I am very thankful that we still have a hospital!

There is no waiting around in emergency rooms here! I was seen to right away and was given oxygen with added medication…breathing finally became easier!

All I can say is that I am glad that I no longer have a virus…it changed into an infection and that can be treated with antibiotics! Don’t care for the price of them…they are not covered by standard Medicare and costs 7.36 each! I won’t complain too loudly…if they do their job! Right now I am still waiting for them to work…as usual!

Sleeping has been a problem…when I lay down I can’t breathe and it’s been hard learning to sleep sitting upright!

I am no longer contagious yet I still have people moving away from me when I start to cough!

The other sad thing is that my grand daughter has her Bronchitis back also!

Hopefully all goes away for us soon!!!

No comments: