Monday, April 30, 2007

RENOVATION UPDATE

The renovations got as far as trying to remove the front platform! Instead the reno turned into major Garage Sale!

This was the “first ever” garage sale for me!

All I can say is…what a nightmare!

Gathering all of the junk together was horrendous!

My son got to do all of the heavy lifting and PoD got to do most of the stickers for pricing! All I had to do was decide what was to go, what price and where to put it! I kept putting off the advertising so I missed the ad time for the newspaper and had to rely on flyers throughout the town. PoD had a brilliant idea…use balloons! So I placed a sign on the boulevard in front of my shop and added the helium filled balloons. I think I got more response from the balloons!

It started out as a nice day but as Sask days goes…it rained! Customers came anyways!

NOTE: Helium balloons do not stay floating if it gets too cold…which it did!

I was able to get rid of half of my stuff and the rest will go to the “Town Wide” sale in June. PoD, Hairgirl & I will split the cost of the advertising. Thankfully my stuff is already priced…all I have to do is get it to her place…along with tables to put it on!

This adventure took up a week of my time!

April is a slow time for business so I really wasn’t affected by the down time that might have been caused by the sale preparation.

One good thing came of the sale…my urge to gather more crap is gone! I haven’t attended any other sales…auctions or likewise events! If I do…I definitely will be very frugal about the need for it!

The only other sale I can see in my future is when I sell the shop and that won’t be happening any too soon!

No comments: