Tuesday, February 06, 2007


I finally decided to find my work bench just in case I might need it.
I am such a pack rat that I had buried it under tons of crap...some usable and some not.
So like a busy bee I cleaned it all up and organized everything so I now know where everything is when I finally get around to building something.
The worst mess was all of the nails and screws! So I put a put a handy dandy container together and Jill of all trades can now be organized better!
Jill Tip:
I keep all of my laundry soap measuring cups and use them to house the wayward nails/screws and excess stuff like hooks & eyes, nuts & bolts, etc. They fit nicely together on a shelf when not in use and also fit in my carry-all. The carry-all holds hammer, drill, tape measure, pliers, drill bits and these nifty containers of screws/nails. I hate poking my fingers with the sharp ends of the nails/screws so I fill them with the sharp ends pointing downward. My hands are fairly small so large round/square containers are hard for me to get a grip...that's where the handy little handles come into use! When these cups break I just throw it away and use a new one...no expense.
Seeing as I am not do theatre this year maybe I can get busy and fix my living quarters now that I have no excuse that I can't find my tools!
Stay tuned for more Jill Tips!

No comments: