Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BEING SINGLE?

I have thoroughly enjoyed this time of peace without having to account to anyone else but myself!

It’s been 2 ½ years and I have never wanted to change this status!

I do have to admit that it is lonely sometimes but NOT THAT LONELY!

Everyone told me that I should try internet dating!

Man…is that an experience or what!

There are many sites out there that the lonely can reach out for someone and many do.

I have tried and found it left me wanting something better for myself!

Ever try filling out their personal pages?

How does one describe ones self without sounding pretensions or in my case…weird?

I want them to like me for my personality…not my picture!

At the young age of 55 [56 in a month] I do not look like a spring chicken and I have health issues! Nothing there to glorify!

The love that I look for is…the old couple who walk down the street still holding hands [no…they aren’t holding each other up] and you can see the love shining in their eyes [no...not the runny eyes from old age]!

You just know they have been through everything and yet they are still together!

Neither one have their looks yet they can share in the joys of both having wrinkles that just don’t matter! This is what I want!

All on the lonely heart sites want to see a picture!

Do pictures tell what is in the heart?

Pictures are for the vain! After all who wants to be saddled with the homely or the over weight?

I would take personality over looks any day!

Why is it difficult to have a relationship through words?

I know some have trouble putting down their ideas on paper [monitor] because they figure that they would come off as illiterate.

Or is it that the written word is hard to go back on!

If you can’t express yourself on paper how are you going to express yourself with talking?

I also do not do phone calls…I don’t need the smooth talking ones either!

I have found many a married man, in this small town, who are on line looking for extra fun! Talk about STUPID…they even have their picture for you to see who they are! They deserve to get caught and I hope that they do!

If I post a picture I cannot remain anonymous!

The last thing a single woman needs is having the crazy ones know you are alone and that you own your own business!

So the final word for me is…dump internet dating!

Mr. Right will find me…if it is meant to be!

But I won’t hold my breath waiting!

I guess you can say…I’M HAPPY BEING SINGLE!

I'll send myself my valentine...I KNOW I can count on ME!

No comments: