Wednesday, November 22, 2006

THE WIERDNESS IN MY LIFE –no I’m not crazy…I think?

One of the many stories that will make you say….what?

My Cat:

The first cat I remember was the one my step-mom allowed to live in our house. I was a teenager at the time [living in “Edmonchuck”] and this cat slept with me and even had her kittens on my bed [my delight…step-mom’s horror]. She was all black and her main trait being that she was part Siamese. She was obviously not a pure breed but she had all of their markings. From the top of her head to the crook in her tail…she was a Siamese cat that was all black! Normally Siamese cats have bad tempers and rule their world with their evil attitudes [I think Wilma’s cat is part Siamese inside!] but this cat didn’t. She was nice to all but real nosy and would get herself into problems…that eventually did her in. She was good at being a comfort to those whom she loved and one of them was my younger sister “Buttons”. If she wasn’t with me she was with my sister! She did a lot of comforting! We also had a dog that would sleep with the cat and would try to help nurse her kittens. Between the both of them we had lots of kittens and puppies and both helped each other nurse the others. It was real cute!

Time went by and I moved to Ogopogo Lake where my “partner-in-crime” came home one night with a cute little BLACK kitten. She was part Siamese! I wasn’t there to pick her out but my partner said that she was very attached to the dog who was mothering her at the time and even the dog didn’t want to let her go! Strange as it may sound to you this cat reminded me so much of my first cat that it was spooky…which her name became! I called her that even before I felt that way about her! She had all of my first cat’s traits! She even looked like her! This cat stayed with us as we moved from place to place and through it all she was always a comfort to me and the kids when we were sick or upset. She lived with us for 18 years and it was one of the hardest things to do was to watch her die. Stupid me was against putting her down and wanted her to go naturally. Never again…nature is too cruel! It took her along time to die…I promised her then to do better by her if she same back to us…and far as I’m concerned…she did!

The day my granddaughter was born so was my cat [that I still have]! I had phoned “Buttons” to tell her of my granddaughter’s birth and she informed me that her Siamese cat had just given birth also! I found this to be a strange comment until later when I saw the kittens.

My son and I were returning from a family reunion and planned on stopping at my sister’s farm, on the way back, for the excess produce that she had for us. She was down in her garden getting the stuff when we saw two little Siamese kittens heading for her. One stopped, looked at us and started towards us, the other one, we must have scared because it ran away and hid! My son picked up the kitten and she settled herself into him like she knew him! This amazed my sister as she was the only one that could hold either of them. She asked me what produce I wanted and I told her that I wanted the two kittens! She was over run with cats so that wasn’t a problem with her. So we came home with two Siamese kittens. I figured there would be problems traveling two hrs with farm cats but both slept on my son’s lap all of the way home. Buttons had called them “Eanie” and “Meanie”! We kept “Eanie” as “Meanie” was aptly named! My neighbor took “Meanie” and they called her “Cruella DeVille”!

From the moment “Eanie” entered the house she acted like she was home! When she was put down she headed straight for the basement where the other litter box had been kept and meowed like she had to go! She was an outside cat so she should have not known about litter boxes! It had been 2 yrs since we had a cat in the house [I never wanted one after “Spooky” died] so there couldn’t have been a lingering smell and if there was how could she have smelled it from another floor. The other kitten just searched around in the immediate area for somewhere to go and did!

This kitten did everything that “Spooky” did and reminded me so much of her that I called her “Suki”! close enough sounding to spooky which she was!

She is 9 right now and I hope she lives as long as she did before…I firmly believe that she’s a re-incarnated creature!

She always knows when I’m ill! When I was having heart problems she would sit on my chest right where my heart is and purr real loud. This would calm me and the pain would ease up! She hates when I cough but sticks it out until I’m better.

She’s also a very social cat and needs to know everything that goes on. I won’t be able to trust her outside as she’s too nosy and would get into everything!

I have two cats.

They are both different in personality!

The other one should have been called “Thunder” instead of “Thumber”! “Thumber” is also a “fraidy cat”. I believe it’s her nature! She’s a “Polydactyl Main Coon Cat”…she has 6 toes on all 4 paws. She is a big cat! She’s also “Suki’s” great great grand daughter! Both cats are “Heinz 57’s” but look like they are pure breeds.

“Main Coon Cats” have distinct characteristics: tails as long as their back [usually fuzzy like a raccoon], their hind legs are longer than the front legs, they have tuffs of hair between their toes and in their ears and are usually a one man’s cat. You have to bond with them when they are kittens! These cats were built for use on ships…their many toes made their paws like hands and they can climb skinny poles [masts].

But she could care less if I was sick…she’s just not interested! She has her cuddle moments but that’s all! As for being ”Thunder”…that’s how she runs…very heavy for a cat!

And NO I don’t think she is re-incarnated!

And talking about amazing cats…there is “Maxie”!

I firmly believe “Maxie” saved PoD’s and JD’s life! So I will be “Maxie’s” defender [no matter what he does] for ever!!

This is a story for PoD to relate…if she ever Blogs again!

Orbing out QoH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cat actually is part Siamese. The traits show up in the crossed eyes, & the attitude!