Monday, November 13, 2006

Part Eight: Nov. 1…Take Down Night

Wilma emailed “All” that this was the night to come out and help remove the haunt! All that had to be done was the upstairs courtroom and the dressing/rest room!

Thankfully PoD and I had done the basement Monday because all that showed up was Wilma [as usual] and “Badge” [who had to drive 17 miles to get town]! THANKS GUYS!!?

So with only PoD, the Minions “AJ” & “JD”, Wilma, Badge and me…we removed the “haunt” from the rooms and packed all vehicles with the stuff that had to go to my place. Badge and PoD handled the huge trees down the long flight of stairs and into the cold night. Two trucks and one van were loaded to the maximum and we were even lucky to have room for ourselves!

Wilma vacuumed the whole courtroom [back breaking job] and we replaced the tables, chairs and coffee trolley when she was done.

The Minions had the task of taking the Indian Crosses and other crosses to the basement for storage in the Custodial Quarters. PoD, Badge and me, took the potted bushes to the storage area. This meant climbing back up to the upper floor [30 steps] multiply this by 4 add heat and it’s a great workout! I decided to brave the Quarters alone, staying to put the bushes in an area where they won’t be in the way too much.

During the haunt it wasn’t creepy down there but being down there alone after it was over…it became creepy again!

I was sure happy to be finished with the basement!

At the ending on Saturday night, I was walking down the upper hallway when the ladies toilet flushed [it is NOT an automatic flushing toilet] as I approached the room. Expecting someone to be in there [the door was open] I called out warning of my approach. Looking in I found the room empty! I’ve heard the toilets flushing before in the building but not right in front of me!

We finally left the building, locking it and made a convoy of three vehicles to my place…PoD and I bringing up the rear to pick up anything that might’ve fell off!

Making a line we quickly unloaded my crap and I waved farewell to my crew as they drove out of sight…wishing all a pleasant goodnight!

I carried all my crap to the back building and there it will sit until I need something out of it!

Final thoughts on the Haunt:

DEFINITELY NOT DOING IT EVER AGAIN IN THE COURT HOUSE BY OURSELVES!!!

Not sure if better advertising would have helped.

Would suggest doing in the summer when the heat is not on and it doesn’t have to be Halloween related.

That’s all for now on the haunt! Sorry it took so long but I do have another life!

Thanks all of you [5] for hanging in there!

Orbing out QoH

No comments: