Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Happy Halloween! 20 days to go! Only 16 days til the Haunt!!
Haven't been back to the courthouse since the last time. We figured we'd take a break from going there as we're both exhausted!
I couldn't rest so I spent my resting [?] time making items to put in the one of the visuals.
Plus I had to rig up something to act as a grate for my phony fire pit as the normal sized ones wouldn't fit over the phony fire that I put together. The grate will be holding the coffee pot that will be used in the play and the pot will be full of liquid...wouldn't that look good...whooshing all over the stage at the Festival!
Finally I came up with an idea that would be feasible...my campfire grate with 4 metal shelving brackets wired to it. The brackets were grey, so I painted them black to make them look like they've been in a fire. It worked!
I will be mudding my two tree frames, that I built awhile ago, this morning as it's nice and quiet at this hour [3:12 am -couldn't sleep...my right knee/leg is busy forecasting the weather!!] and the phone won't be ringing!!
PoD went to play practice last night and the minions and I spent some time together. I had on display, all of my gross specimens. You know...the pickled baby, severed hand, alien in a jar, etc. So the kids had fun looking at them along with the other stuff that I show.
For those of you out there...I collect all sorts of Halloween stuff and display it in my shop. Friends of mine [yes...I have friends!] even buy/find weird stuff for me. My shop is paradise for a child...and for that one that's still in me!
I had added to my collection this year; a new full monster mask/hood, half mask, two new hands/gloves [for the minions to wear] and four goblets for my tableware.
Both minions have it all planned out what they will be wearing for years to come!
This year, since they'll be with us nightly at the haunt, they'll get to change their outfits for 3 nights if they want.
Not to worry that they will be exposed to the "horrors" those nights as they will have already seen the props/walk and know that they aren't real! They've been helping us build it! Besides...PoD NEVER goes anywhere that's DARK! Her spot in the haunt is at the haunt's entrance in the LIGHT! My spot...is anywhere I can get a scare in and traveling all over taking photos. Maybe a minion might want to follow with me?
For all my helpers [?]...we will be working in the courthouse tonight starting at 7:oo pm and we will be in the basement. All welcome...even those without talent...LOL!
Have to get to work...times awasting!
Orbing out...QoH

No comments: