Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Halloween! 22 days left til Halloween! 18 left for the Haunt!
PoD and I spent 3 hrs Sunday covering the yucky walls. These walls are the worst! The walls in the jail shows you exactly what material they used to build the basement with. It's a mess...the foundation is crumbling away!! The front of the building is the worst! Probably from watering the flowerbeds close to the building! It's gonna take a big pile of money to repair that beautiful building! No way heritage money is gonna keep that building standing! What a shame!
I digress!
It may seem like we're spending short hours in there working on the haunt. But you try spending those hours going up and down the ladder, ripping off strips of tape and watch for attacking spiders. Not to mention constantly looking over our shoulders for that unseen thing that was bother both of us. It wasn't too bad...just nerve wrecking! PoD was more jumpier than ever because we were working in the Custodial Quarters. The long hallway that leads to the quarters is creepy also! We have to traverse that hallway to working in there. That means walking by the doorways that creep us out! The lights don't come on until you reach the end and the security light automatically comes on. Until then your in the semi dark! CREEPY!
I did see something!
I was up on the ladder and PoD was standing on the floor facing me.
Earlier we had been in the living room and she swore that she could hear noises is the other room [kitchen], rustling noises like something was in the tarps that we had spread out on the floor. I laughed it off saying that it was probably the tarps settling. The only noise I could hear was the noise of the tarp that we were handling at that moment. She was sure that she heard something!
Anyways...I was up there and had just reached for the piece of tape that she was holding out for me when I noticed this movement out of the corner of my eye.
I looked up and for a split second saw what looked like a cat chasing it's tail in play! Then it was gone! It was light orangy colored! PoD heard me gasp and I told her I just thought I had seen a ghost! Not a good thing to say to PoD!
Thankfully we were near being done because it was time to go! Speedily we moved all the lumber down to the area where we will need it next and packed up and got out of there before anything else appeared! The whole time we were there both of us had felt a presence that wasn't too nice and was making us nervous. Hopefully it happened because we were both tired!
Won't be working in the courthouse Monday...need a break! I have lots of other stuff that needs catching up on...like backed-up designing and estimating! Forget about cleaning...don't have time! I'm lucky that I manage to get some clothes washed!
PoD and I have both decided that this will be our last year that we will be doing the haunt!
Seriously!
We need to find the same life that everyone else is enjoying!
Maybe I'll go see how other people enjoy Halloween because mine sucks right now...the fun has gone with exhaustion taking it's place!
So to all you out there....enjoy this one cause it WILL be our last for the courthouse! If I have Halloween it will be in my new place!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Orbing out...QoH

No comments: