Monday, October 11, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


To those whom this applies to that is and for those who want it too.....;)



 Sweet Peas are giving thanks too....for all the unseasonal sunshine and warmth!


We gave our thanks yesterday with a big meal... which we all rolled away from, only to have it worked off later...when it got dark?


Guests were: PoD's In-Laws and their family; 2 teenagers & 10 dogs, a friend who is camping [working the rigs] in her front yard, my Ex and me. Sadly my son and son-in-law are away working and were only given the holiday day off and are a 4 hr drive away, so had to miss our get together...;(


Happily all the [12-PoD has 2] dogs got to stay outside and all the cats [4] stayed upstairs, the 2 birds were kept in a closed bedroom....so my allergies were okay until the dogs had to come in because it was getting dark out.


But then that was the time we decided to do the rest of the things we all like to do [except the brother-in-law, 12 dogs, 4 cats, Ex and oil guy, who had to go to work] which is........visiting the cemetery at night!






Yup......were nuts!






9:00 found us out walking through Dodge's Cemetery!


It was beautiful out there....so quiet and peaceful




Until we landed...


This was our company's second attempt to do this [last year was too wet] and it was a promise to the kids that had to be kept. This was their request to experience ghost hunting in a grave yard and what better way for us to show young adults how to respect this sacred place while doing so.


These kids have been taught from an early age to respect the spirit world and the darkness doesn't scare them as badly as it does some. These guys were watching the "Saw" series when I got there...it's a show that I hate myself....too gory and sick for my taste. I prefer scare! But that's how immune they have become to the phony. Yes, we do keep an eye on whether they are out torchering animals or not. These In-law kids live in a zoo like world. At their home is still an Iguana, Guinea pig, 5 cats and 2 yard dogs. No worry there or here in my grand kid's zoo...;}


I am not scared in a cemetery just very aware that they can be somewhat eerie and dangerous to those who are susceptible to suggestions of "possession"....;) We are there to teach the kids how NOT to be that way, by facing it properly and by showing them the right way to respect the dead. Doing this in the daylight is just not the same! Sensing spirits in the daylight is not the same as it is in the dark! Your eyes rob you of your true senses in the light, whereas you are robbed of your sight in the dark and have to rely on your feelings instead.




A graveyard is where I give my thanks the most!




I am very happy that all of us were ABOVE the ground and continue to wish to do so!






But I digress...as usual



Small writing needed closer inspection....


Anybody wondering when the hand is going to come out of the grave.....;}






Took the usual shots and got the usual dust motes..

Only to have this sort of weirdness

Then lightened it...

See when areas are blown up...
I find this odd....look how it lights up his face



And these colored ones...?

I know the majority of these are dust motes but not sure why there are red ones?





Pretty sure this one is an Orb!



Of course I just had to have my "spooky" moment!

I was standing on the roadway taking photos of the group [20 ft away] as they moved towards another spot, when I sensed that there was someone standing next to me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the dark shape of the in-law's son and turned to speak to him......only to find no one standing there! 


Immediate hair-standing-on-whole-body-moment, when I realized that he wasn't standing next to me!

No. One. Was!


I was definitely. positively. certain. that there was something standing next to me! The dark outline was sooooo distinct, even if it was in my perfreal vision!


The feeling stayed even when I quickly rejoined them!

I stayed up with the group after that until I felt it's presence go. It wasn't a bad feeling...just didn't want to experience it again while I was alone! I joked about it so the kids wouldn't feel scared because I wasn't really afraid of it.... just very uneasy feeling it?




There was oddities with how the dead is being treated too, that we wondered about?

Like what was up with this plot...

Two seperate headstones for same grave, neither one damaged and right beside it a mound of dirt overgrown with grass and weeds? The rest of the cemetery is neatly groomed...why not this spot? The parents obviously loved the 2yr old child enough to give him 2 grave stones yet not tidy the spot next to it for at least a few inches along the side of it? Even if was a fresh grave...why not the upkeep? Look at all the stuff around the stones!



There was nice stone benches all over the place to sit on but creeped everyone out? Creepy enough not to sit on any of them!

I felt most were occupied already......oooooo

;}


Nothing there....just creepy. They are much nicer in the daylight!



We noticed another new thing they are trying here....they are laying down pavement looking plots. This one here is very cool looking and love the differnt shaped stone and metal surrounding. No more maintinance just as long as it doesn't sink into the ground, which it shouldn't with it's wide base....see below
This is a shot of one they were just setting up. Was kind of neat to see this kind of change. Will be an expensive one I bet!


Then one has to run into this kind of thing....child size, no name....next to no one


Very sad...;(



But  leaves us with the grim reality....





THERE IS SOMETHING TO GIVE THANKS FOR!


We were able to get back in the cars and drive back home!





Hope the spirits of Dodge Cemetery enjoyed their entertainment on Thanksgiving Eve!


We did.....did you?

No comments: