Saturday, January 30, 2010

I HATE TECHNOLOGY!

It makes me so mad to have to depend on it sooooooooo much!


I haven't been blogging like I want to because of this supposedly advanced crap stuff!


I. WANT. TO. BE. ABLE. TO. UPLOAD. PHOTOS!


What ticks me more is my inability to be able to understand all this techno doo doo!


We computerized in 1991 and there wasn't any program like "Windows" to help things go smoothly [?] like they [are supposed] to do now.


There was the evil little word like "dos" to contend with.


I couldn't learn "dos" either!


It was a great thing for the kids to learn because they now understand the workings of this evil machine better than the ones that are totally dependent on "Windows" [might be a different word that I don't know about but I'll go with this one...it's obviously the only one I know].


My Ex was the one who started my fear of this technology!


He used to love mucking around with "dos" and would crash the computer on a regular basis! Crash it so badly that we should have moved the computer guy to our place...that's how much he did it!


This was hard on my nerves because all of my drawings and business info was stored inside of this "wonder" machine! This fear got so bad that I wanted to scream every time he came near it! So I became fearful of pressing the wrong command button!


So that's one of the reasons I make a paper copy to file away! It will never replace the actual work done but if all is lost on the machine I'll at least have something to work with. But that is the old way!


We did manage to find ways to do "back-ups" but one has to remember to "do them"!


It's kind of like playing with fire if I don't!


But this fear of crashing the "wonder" machine has stuck with me!


I have a tendency to over think things! The English language can be interpreted so many ways!


Most of you out there are so creative with all of your fancy borders, headers...etc, that it ticks me off!


If I make any changes on here it's a miracle to me and sad to say one that sometimes cannot be repeated!


Like me being able to add my profile pic to those whom I follow, yet I cannot seem to figure out how to add same pic to my comments? Some comment titles are pretty witty...frig if I know how to change mine! Don't bother telling me about the "help" command...been there done that!


I'm a frustration to my kids! They have tried many, many, many, many times to teach me. I've even got them to write out the commands step by step! But do think this brain of mine would accept it..........NO! I over think their instructions!


The only thing I am proficient at is my drawing program! Only because I had no one to teach it to me, aside from the computer guru who initially showed me how to start it, it was all my knowledge! But I still don't advance any further in it's updates...too afraid to screw up what's been tried and true?


The sad part is...that was 19 years ago!


This is one old dog who is afraid or can't learn these new tricks....;(


BUT

I'd like to think I could still learn new stuff....so I am attempting to figure out another new "wonder" machine.


It is a machine that was made for the "scrap booking" enthusiasts?


Who would have thought scrap booking would become so popular that they would invent a machine to cut out all of those little do-dads that they use to embelish their memories? Its called a "Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter".


This machine is like our vinyl cutter only on a smaller scale. The difference being it can cut thicker material than our does. We got it to have it hopefully add more to what we can do. All I need is my imagination...which is endless.


Time will tell whether I can do this or not...


It does come with a video...


Seems I can remember better with what I've seen rather than what I read...


Guess I've got that same comprehension problem that my kid's teachers were always complaining about!

No comments: