Monday, June 15, 2009

WEEKEND GARAGE SALES

It was scorching hot out this weekend!

There were two sales in two days...a wild weekend for me...;)

Saturday found me driving around the small town north east of us [20 min drive] looking for their sales. Amazingly there were 8 places to go. Alas there really wasn't anything for the wedding/grad decor that I could use. I did find 2 cute dragons for the goth wedding.

For my Xmas collections, I found a large Santa [same size as my big fancy santa which was over 200.00] for only 2.00 still in its original box! Other than that my only other buy of interest was 2 metal Egyptian vases for PoD. I did find lots of little things to add to my other necessities and there was even some goodies that I brought home for BillyRoo.

In all I spent around 25.00.

I had spent my morning trying to paint the wrought iron from this old ugly green gazebo [bought in a garage sale], black. Well this paint is making me sick! It is an oil base so it stinks, that's why I have it outside. Between the early morning heat, the rapid eye movement [using roller & brush] and the smell...ended with me throwing up! No warning, nothing! Happily it was just dry heaves...but bad enough to make me quit!

A little rest, some food and I was back to normal...?;)


So Sunday morning found me trying to paint again!

This time I was a little smarter. I had tried to paint the wrought iron while it was standing when I should have laid it down. It worked much better and I was able to paint one more corner before the sun decided to do it`s thing to me! Again I had to go in and lay down.

Sunday`s garage sale was in another town south east of us another 20 min. This one had just as many sales but nothing of interest to me. Lots of baked goodies so BillyRoo as got his sugar fix and something for AJ but boy stuff for JD wasn`t to be found! I got something for Trebor so he should be happy...

In all I may have spent 35.00 (40.00 in gas) this weekend and did enjoy the driving around. I even enjoyed talking with all of those who participated in these sales, which aside from work I never get out to see that many people.

The downside...I think I got too much sun!

No sunburn...I was prepared for that!

I feel like I have a touch sun stroke as my first waking thought this morning was to go throw up!

I`m writing this in my well moments but do feel the need to go lay down again!







I just have one more thing to do before I do.....

Hopefully you are feeling more like your OLD self SOON!

HAVE A GREAT DAY WILMA!

4 comments:

Roan said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Sounds like the fun was well worth the $40 worth of gasoline! Hope your tummy revives.

Wilma said...

Thanx QofH. I hope so too!

My code word is "end esp". Too funny!

Marvin - oh and Jeannie! said...

oh painting in the heat is an awful trial!

Your bargains sound good though!

Marvin and Jeannie xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

maybe you have morning sickness (lol).
love yah
velvis