Thursday, May 07, 2009

GHOSTLY DRILLING...?

After my early morning [4:OO] rise today and blog entry, I decided to have a short nap on the couch before starting work. It was around 6:00 or so and I could hear that my son was still up [he's been doing that since not working, which by the way is changing on monday]. His room is over the office.

I was just starting to doze off when I heard him drilling something that sounded metallic. He's been trying to fix his computer and there was these screws that wouldn't come out. So I mentally thought of him trying to drill them out? I knew that he knew that I was up [normal for me] so it wouldn't have matter how loud he was.

The noise continued going off and on like someone who was drilling it a little bit then stopping to check the progress. This happened enough times that it was really starting to annoy me. My thoughts changed to "what is he building...shelves"? Then there was a sound like the drill bit hit the chimney pipe in my room. "What the hell is he doing in my room"?

I figured at that point I might as well get up, as sleeping had become impossible! I could have yelled up the stairs for him to knock it off but decided that I was too wide awake to sleep. I would just remember to give him crap about it when he did show his face...:)

Guess what...

As soon as I got up the sound stopped!

Typical....kind of like the "Murphy's Law" sort of thing

I gave up on the sleep idea!


When he did show his face...hours later

I gave him crap...

Guess what...


IT WASN'T HIM....

HE HAD FALLEN ASLEEP AROUND 3:00 OR SO!



The neighbors have a tendency to be up at those hours also [drinking...etc] and it might have been them?


Only the sound came from INSIDE the house!


From UPSTAIRS to be exact!


We checked everywhere for signs of someone drilling thinking that "my sleep walker" was working again and that I really was asleep...

Nothing to be found anywhere! Nothing fixed! Nothing missing....NOTHING to show that I heard what I heard!

AND BESIDES...WHO WAS IT THAT I HEARD ABOVE ME WHEN I WAS UP son said he had fallen asleep BEFORE I had gotten up?




It was only last week that I stated to PoD...."my place has been really quiet lately and there has been no eerie feelings"!



Maybe I shouldn't have said anything!



WHERE'S THE WHITE PADDED ROOM.....:[

1 comment:

Roan said...

Creepy! Now I can think about that while I'm sitting in the courthouse all alone. This is my early morning and no one else is there. No humans, that is.