Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CODEINE.....The MAGIC DRUG!

Last night was the first time that I have had a decent night's rest since whacking the hell out of my toe! Thanks to the doc putting me on Codeine!

I have been a real unhappy camper since the incident and finding 5 reasons to be happy each day was impossible!

I have to thank PoD for forcing me to be NOT TO BE SO STUBBORN and go to the emergency room Sunday to get something done about the pain that I was in [I must have whined too much]. Doc too busy [?] to see me told nurses to send me home with 2 pills.

They worked GREAT!

Monday saw me at his office and after poking & prodding gave me a prescription for 30 more. His findings...NO BROKEN TOE!


MY RECORD IS STILL GOOD...NO BROKEN BONES!


Seems I bent the toe backwards when I slammed it into the corner of that baseboard!

Most of the pain is from bruising the base area of the last 3 toes, they're a nice greeny/blue color right now. Wearing a shoe aggravated it and I guess by going shopping on Saturday didn't help it much either!


Work has been REALLY slow [damn recession] but what I have on my slate right now is keeping me on my foot, that and being diabetic will make the healing much slower...but one HAS to work in order to live! It's these times that I wished that I worked for someone else and could take a sick leave and still get PAID!


All I need now is PATIENCE!


Like my step-mother used to say:

"IF I HAD ANY PATIENCE.......I'D BE A DOCTOR"!



Hopefully today sees a happier me.....

3 comments:

Roan said...

Good news, but poor little piggie. ;(

Jeannie said...

did you find the codeine made you sleepy.....I have used it in the past, and I sleep like a log, plus feel grotty all the next morning.

Queen of Halloween said...

I ended up feeling the same way the next day. I didn't like it at all so I only used 3 in all and decided to put up with the pain instead. Happily foot is better...Thanks