Wednesday, December 03, 2008

MORE UPDATES.....?

Grad Decorating June, 2008: "Mardi Gras"


I managed to get through this years decorating and it was NOT without it's problems!


The big "S" on my forehead insured that the grad committee was able to pull off this year's theme! With comments like..."I'm soooo busy right now with ALL of the stuff I still have to do to pull this off, could you please do these LITTLE things for us", "I'm not sure how you want these things put together [table centerpieces] can you do it","here's the balloons, I don't have time to blow them up" and oh, by the way, our title for this grad is "Small Town, Big Dreams"?


What did that title have to do with Mardi Gras and how was I going to put that into the decor? Not to mention that I only found out about it at the last moment when it dawned on me that I hadn't inquired about it! Needless to say I was able to squeeze it in...Pod and I finished putting on the last touches of paint before it was due to be picked up for the day of set-up!


You never saw two happier people than us, when the stuff got there safely and found that we had LOTS of help in setting it up! Many hands made the load lighter and the only bad thing was having to direct all of them...but I wasn't complaining?



I must admit that the place looked wonderful when it was all done but with wonderful comes praises from others, especially from those who would like you to help out next year? I couldn't say NO loudly enough!












Needless to say, that fazed no one...I was approached again a little while ago and the sucker in me said a weak MAYBE..with strong conditions attached. Which I was again reassured that they would comply with it? Time will only tell!


Tell me how does one decorate for a "Ballroom" atmosphere?
What's the big thrill about pillars?
And yes, they are starting now!


I don't know what I'd do without the help from PoD! She has helped me get through many a stressful moment and I think of her as my magic wand! With her...presto...my work is done! I can't say THANK YOU enough!!! I done brung her up right! I also have to mention my wonderful son-in-law, Trebor, he's the dude who can't help out enough...he helped me bring back the stuff safely...THANKS lots!
Do you think I've buttered them up enough to help me again....?
More updates to follow?

1 comment:

Roan said...

The result is magnificent. It certainly feels like Mardi Gras. You do have a talent, no wonder they want you for a repeat performance.