Saturday, January 12, 2008

ROAD TRIP

Yippee...I get to leave Dodge for a few hours today!

Wilma, Puffy Kracker and I are going up north to see where our "3 Act Play Festival" is being held this year [in Mar]. They are hosting an open house to let the participants view the facilities and get an idea on what they have to offer in way of technical stuff/stage layout.

I'm going to make sure we have enough room for our sets, props and other things that may cause us some grief. The "One Act Play Festival" in Kamsack last year and all of it's problems, still lingers vividly in my mind! My being stage manager and set designer makes it my responsibility to see that all goes well. Wilma is checking out what's there for the actors.

Then we are going shopping!

They are "bed" shopping and I'm looking for "wedding decor" stuff for the 2 events that PoD and I are decorating for. Which by the way is turning out to be a nightmare!

I'm hoping that today will give me some answers that I'm looking for so that maybe I can ease up on the pressure that these 3 things are causing me!

Not to mention the pressure from the other problem at work that involves the 2 - 8 foot acrylic signs that we are redoing...one of them being broken [we didn't do it]!

I'm looking forward to getting away from it all...for at least a couple of hours!

Good company helps!

Will let you know how well it works....

4 comments:

Roan said...

Road trip...shopping...sounds like a fun day. I hope there will be pictures. BJ

Headgirl said...

Hope the trip went well.
Full report please.
Plus BJ's a new story out, based on my prompt half full, or half empty wine glass. You feature too!

Best wishes
Blue

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't get to shop for decorations. I always seem to be on a time limit!
Wilma

Queen of Halloween said...

Hey Wilma...I enjoyed the day anyways! When you take a man along time limits are always imposed! I enjoyed Puffy's input also...this way he got to see your artsy friends and what it takes to put our productions together. TY for giving me a break from my norm!...QoH