Thursday, January 03, 2008

MY FIRST POST OF THE NEW YEAR...

Brought the new year in by cleaning my house Jan. 1 [as Blue put it on her blog] "I swept it with a glance"! Normally I bust my butt trying to have the house clean by the end of the 1st because of an old saying my step-mother followed. Don't know why it always stuck in my head but I had always figured it was worth the effort? She believed in the Scottish tradition of "Hogmanay" which part of it consisted of "sweeping out the old" preferably with a new broom and your home will stay clean the year through! Every year I tried this and every year it never worked so this year I refused to let "old customs" get me down and rested instead. I must admit I preferred the resting way better! Hopefully it won't get any messier!


I've been slowly removing the Xmas decor from my home and at work. Normally I leave it up until Jan. 7 [for Ukrainian Xmas...to honor my sister-in-law and friends] but not this year. Seeing as it's been up at work for two months I've already grown tired of it and seeing as I'm not Ukrainian myself...why bother they will celebrate it whether I do or not. So the red part stays and I'll be the first one to put up my Valentines!


I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I've changed my blog picture to include both my fur kids. Suki stands out whereas Thumber would rather not be noticed. I should have made my figure wider but I guess this is how I see myself. I'm allowed to dream!


Things a work here, has been fairly slow, but I've been busy designing signs and working on the stage set design. Now PoD and I have 2 weddings that we've been asked to decorate for, which also means coming up with fantastic ideas...so right now the brain is full! Blogging will be done sporadically!


Over the Xmas holidays Trebor [PoD worked a bit...her job was mostly kid watching] and I have been working on the renovations upstairs. We've managed to lay the wiring for the new plug-ins and moved some switches in preparation for the electrian to come in and hook them all up. I would show you pictures of the progress only PoD borrowed my down-loading cord for her camera at home and I haven't seen it since. Hopefully she or I will remember to remind each other to get it here so I can?


So now you know what I know and now I should get to work...times awasting.....

3 comments:

Headgirl said...

Hey!
Thats very clever changing your image to include Suki & Thumber.
Makes my Bluebell look boring...

Am keeping my decorations up to Twelth Night 5/6th - can never really decide.

Am trying to work out how to include Suki in my 12 days of Xmas post... will let you both know... it'll be day 12!

Love
Blue

Roan said...

Ah, to live a cat's life...
I too enjoyed Blue's way of sweeping and am currently trying to perfect the glance sweeping. I think that will be my new talent!

Headgirl said...

Hi!

Took a photo this afternoon on an amazinglyly dark, damp, misty day of my fav. pub & its Xmas tree - it's got orbs!

Blue