Thursday, October 25, 2007


F.A.C.C. DRESS REHEARSAL


Tuesday night was our first dress rehearsal, with a small audience of family and friends! PoD and my grand kids were in attendance as well.


I thought I'd be nervous but I wasn't!


It did help that my make-up, costume and the fact that I had to add the lettering on the other actor's shirts, kept me so busy that I didn't have time to dwell on what might be going on in front of the stage. No time to sweat it!


Before I knew it...it was time to perform!


I now know that I CAN walk and talk in front of an audience! No screw-ups what so ever!!!


Thankfully I have a costume that I can hide behind and that it helps me to be someone that I'm not! Others might disagree...as some probably figure that I'm not acting!


On stage, I'm known as "Jennifer", an interfering mother-in-law, who gladly gives unwanted advice on how others should act [oops...I think I might do that sometimes] while dressing too young [oops...I think I do that sometimes also, after all why would I have those clothes in my closet], she comes off as quite a scary person and those who know her are wary of getting on her bad side [this I know is NOT ME...or is it?].


Okay...maybe I am "Jennifer" deep down inside!


The one thing that I do know for sure is...that I have NEVER treated my son-in-law like she treats her daughter-in-law...EVER!!!


This role does make one wonder?


Anyways...PoD and I got the set done and it only took us an hour to do it plus a half an hour of running around trying to get our act together. I must admit that it turned out not too bad for a rush job. The others were nice enough to tell us that also!


Upon completion of the play I asked my grand kids how they liked it and their response was that they thought the play was very funny, lots of swearing and that I was a scary person...not like me at all! At least my grand kids know who I really am! PoD's comment was that she had a "deja vu" moment as I was leaving the stage...something that I used to do when they were younger [mostly at their Dad].


All in all...I had fun!


Now all I have to do is make it through the performance on Sunday!!!

3 comments:

Headgirl said...

Break a leg!

Love
Blue

Anonymous said...

Awsome QoH, I am so excited that you are on stage--I sure wish I could be there to watch--(okay I am dying to get back on stage). Anways--break a leg on Sunday and at Kamsack.

velvis

Wilma said...

yeah, she's so bitchy to me, it's fun to fight with her on stage! & off ~ not that we ever fight, hey QoH?

A great job all around.