Monday, August 27, 2007

NOSY NEIGHBOR?

Sadly, that's a title I have to give to myself!

Although I must defend myself by saying...."what else does one have to do in a small town"?

Gossip?

Last night was a reconfirmation of the badness next door...you know...the ones that are supposed to be moving out?

BillyRoo came down from his room with the news that the were cops parked across the street right in front of the "hated" neighbor's place! He figured that the cops might be staked out, watching for stunters racing up and down my street. He also said that he was drawn to the window by the sound of loud noises...like the explosions of firecrackers and that he thought they were coming from the bad neighbors side! He looked out because he is now forever wary of the harm that could come to his car.

Of course, I just had to see for myself and sure enough...the cops were still there. Only the cops weren't in their patrol car, as they soon appeared, emerging from the neighbor's place. Two cops and the youngest boy of the family! There are 3 kids in that family...this boy I would estimate to be around the age of 12 or 13?

One cop opens the back door of the patrol car for the kid, who got in and then waited outside the vehicle while the other cop got in? No parents to be seen anywhere! The outside cop walked away a distance and then stood facing the house where they had come from! It must have been at least 10 minutes [I know because my feet were hurting as I snooped at the front door just out of sight] before the "Dad" came out!

Mean while, many a car came by and it was funny to watch the brakes come on as they caught sight of the cop and his car!

The "Mom" finally made her appearance about 5 minutes after the "Dad"!

I found it strange that they would let their underage kid be alone with a cop and not be there to chaperon...unless...that the kid was pulled aside for his version of a story?

How can you tell that I watch too many cop shows?

Finally after 20 minutes the kid emerges from the car and goes into the house. The parents follow a few minutes later and the cops drive away.

Hmmm....I wonder what that was all about???

The older kid had appeared in court just a few days ago...the neighbors went away this weekend and now the cops show up to talk to the other kid???
I had heard that only 3 of the boys had been arrested for the "break-in" that happened on the past long weekend and the cops where still looking for the fourth?

Hmmmm.....
What about that loud noise.......
Hmmmm......
They say the "curiosity killed the cat".........?

No comments: