Monday, July 16, 2007


MY CRAZY NEIGHBOR AND HIS DOGS....PART 2

I spent this past week in total bliss...NO screaming dogs or having a lunatic neighbor to listen to!

It was wonderful!
As with everything good, the bad always seems to sneak in...because they came back last night!

It seems the the dog population has been cut back from 3 to 1 and the one they kept is reasonably quiet.

That was the good news!

The bad news came from my son this morning when he came over to cut down the weeds around my shop. Seems early this morning around 3:00 am he was awaken by the sound of breaking glass outside his bedroom window. Getting up and looking out he was just in time to see a beer bottle come flying from the neighbors high bushes and bounce off of his brand new car roof, smashing in front of his car!

That made my son [BillyRoo] furious...so he decided to stay up and catch the idiots in the act and take photos! They must have heard him out and about because they never did reappear! Daylight came and BillyRoo was able to see the damage in the light...the roof was dented! That made him mad enough to confront the culprits at their place...and of course they denied it!
In the morning I had noticed all of the broken bottles in front of my place and in front of the kid's house next door and had assumed that I had missed another one of their parties. I was wrong...there was no party last night! Seems the glass was from the thrown beer bottles!

I decided to phone the town office and find out exactly what was written in my neighbor's warning!

There was NO FINE!

It was a plain warning letting him know of the noise by-law and possible actions if warning was not adhered to! The supposedly 100.00 fine was him blowing things out of portions! Granted it did make things quieter next door and that was all I was looking for!!!

The town administrator had already received a complaint [someone else, not me or BillyRoo] about all of the broken glass on the street in front of my place and that she had dispatched the street cleaner to clean it up! I wouldn't have put it passed the neighbor trying to get rid of the evidence [I watch too much CSI] just in case we did call the cops!

Having no choice we had to file another report with the cops and this time they are going to confront him about any other pending problems that might arise and the consequences if they do!

So all in all....does taking a letter of warning merit such violent actions?

It all sounds pretty crazy to me....and better still....why is it happening to me?

All I wanted was fresh air!

No comments: