Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blogger "Likes" & "Dislikes"Changes...

Once again I have had to edit these areas...Dislike "all bugs" to "most bugs" and Likes to add "Dragonflies" and "Ladybugs"!
Ladybugs...

I've always known that "Ladybugs" are the good guys because they eat other bugs...especially aphids. If you garden or have indoor plants that are infested with aphids you really need ladybugs to help eliminate them! As a kid, I was always told that the spots represented how old the bugs was and upon further reading about these wonderful bugs...the spots represents the type of Ladybug not age.
Who cares...just as long as they eat bugs!

Dragonflies/Damselflies...


I used to be afraid of Dragonflies [males]/Damselflies [females] because they looked so scary and having them fly into my personal space and even land on me...creeped me right out! It's only recently that I have learned that these guys are my friends...they eat bugs that like to nibble on me! These flying bugs eat small gnats, mosquitoes, black flies, horseflies and deerflies! I now call them my angels! This years has been exceptionally bad for the annoying biting insects and if you plan on doing anything outdoors you have to protect yourselves by using bug spray...which I am very allergic to.

Last week we had to go out to clean up [weed] the walking trail [that we are in the process of building] and remove weeds from the parking lot that adjoins this trail. Knowing that the bug infestation was bad I had to protect myself from the enemy with spray...later fining out that I didn't need to. There must have been a million dragonflies out there with us and they kept us safe by eating the enemy! They were kind of annoying by darting around us and flying right up to our faces but I didn't care as they kept us free of bugs especially the mosquitoes and horseflies!

At work here there are lots of them flying around the shady area of my deck and sitting out having coffee with PoD has been more enjoyable with no voracious bugs trying to feed on us! So the flying angel is now my best friend...it still looks creepy but you can't judge something by the way it looks! With the vast amount of them it is definitely the year of the Dragonfly!

Finally freedom from bug spray!

No comments: