Tuesday, June 12, 2007


MORE MISERIES UPDATE...


Sorry about the delay in blogging things have been pretty busy around here.


This weekend was supposed to have been a fun time for us in Edmonchuck with family...instead PoD and her family had to move her husband's/kids stuff out of his house so I could have a roof over my head that didn't leak!


Due to the nature of my emergency to having to move out, I decided to close the shop on Friday to get a jump on the weekend...most leave early for the weekend so it's usual slow on that day. PoD's husband [Trebor] also had taken the day off to be with his family and instead had to help me move instead of having fun on the originally planned weekend! My son couldn't make it because his work booked him for 3 weeks at a new site in Alta.


While Trebor moved his/kids stuff PoD and I spent time washing walls in preparation for painting. We used the new "Swiffer" method of cleaning and I ended up with sinus problems from it and all of the dust.


Damn allergies!!! They get worse ever day!


I was supposed to have helped PoD to steam clean the rugs on Saturday but ended up being ill instead [how convenient on my part]! I have got to admit she did extremely well without me but ended up wearing herself out so Sunday ended up being a day of rest.


Also Saturday is one of the two days that the dump is open so what ever had to go had to be done then. My ex needed the trailer for his garbage so he lent Trebor a hand in unloading the "Garage Sale" unwantables.


After the town-wide garage sale we had loaded up the trailer and left it out front of PoD's place. It was full to overflowing but by the time we needed to unload it the pile had dwindled considerably. What was there was FREE to anyone who wanted or needed it. Kids and adults had a ball picking through the stuff! Even my Ex! What a better way than having to fill the dump with usable stuff or trying to get it to a place that would take it! The New & Used place in our town didn't want what was left. Also the Sally Ann in the town near us was too full and didn't want it either so our solution was happily received.


Meanwhile, I had recovered enough on Sunday to continue to pack up my stuff so we would have everything ready for the big move.


On Monday we woke up to RAIN!!! As usual another torrential down pour which meant emptying buckets AGAIN!!


This also meant us walking to my new place in the rain [white elephant jeep] is still not working so we had to use my new grocery cart [thank you to garage sale] to carry the heavy stuff. We were soaked by the time we got there!


I have ever mentioned that I hate painting walls....I get more on me than what's was put on the wall! I REALLY throw myself into my work!


After a couple of hours we took a break and had our coffee outside in the SUNSHINE!


Yep...it stopped raining after we got there! I guess Mother Nature had decided to test our resolve in whether we would go or not?


Thankfully I didn't have to rush back to my place to empty pails!


We finally finished in time for PoD to go and pick up the kids from school...I must say the new coat of paint raised my spirits quite a bit!


Last night I went back on my own and washed the walls and ceiling in the dining room so that we could paint them after work today. I can hardly wait to see the new color on those walls!


Well that's all for now....it's time to get back to work before PoD gets here.....

1 comment:

Headgirl said...

Sorry! Sounds as if youre having a tough time all round.
Found a pussy blog you might like:-
http://ifyoutry.blogspot.com/

Best wishes
Blue