Monday, May 21, 2007

HAPPY MAY-LONG WEEKEND

I refuse to call it "Victoria Day"...we gave up the monarchy a long time ago and this is one holiday that should have it's name changed...sorry all you British people but that must make sense to even you guys! After all why do they celebrate a past queen's birthday and not the present queen's birthday.....or maybe they do and I missed that day at school?

Anyways.....

Happy weekend to us....

The birds are singing....the sun is shining....people are out doing their gardens/yards....

NOT!!!!

IT'S BEEN FREEZING COLD AND NOW IT'S RAINING!!!!!
Hopefully with no signs of SNOW!

I am sure glad I am not out camping right now! For this the time when the rich people go out to the lake and open their cabins and tidy up their yards...hope they all have good heaters!

It has been happily quiet here in Dodge as this is also the weekend that the High School kids leave town and go terrorise the lake goers! They even get a longer weekend as the school unit decided they needed a longer weekend so they won't be going back to school until Tuesday!

No spinning of tires...no stunting in the streets...like I said...peaceful!!!

I had planned on cutting grass and checking out the leaks in my roof but laziness made me put it off until today and now I can't...woke up to rain...inside and out!

Oh well...there is lots more that can be done inside!

It's also been another hard weekend with my "addiction" still in full force...many a garage sale had to go without my money in their pockets! The urge is still strong...but I'm hanging in there...the more I throw out my junk the more I am determined to not add any more!

BUT...there is still that little demon sitting on my shoulder, whispering in my ear..."think of all the little treasures you might have missed"....

Like I said....it's still a test of wills for me!

Anyways....

Have a Happy "May-Long" weekend...stay warm!

No comments: