Monday, March 05, 2007

UPDATE ON GRANDKIDS DAY

Man with all my whining I forgot to let all you impatiently waiting people about how our day went with the Science Fair and birthday party!

The first phone call came at noon!

AJ has this problem of thinking her mom will forget!

So since she has the shop and mom's cell number memorized she gives mom these "where are you calls" to make sure that her mom isn't a "dead beat mom" and forgets anything! I think AJ was in Kindergarten when PoD must of missed something and it has been a worry for her ever since!

PoD let her know that we had to eat lunch first and we would be there around 1:00 or so.

Well lunch place was busy and we had some more stuff to pick up because of a party addition so we ate late.

We had another phone call from her while we were eating!

She is definitely a "worry wart"!

Finally we were there...around 1:00 or so! AJ greeted us at the doorway to the gym where the fair was being held...she had been frantically waiting for us! You could see the relief on her face as she recognized that we were finally there!

I have always made it a point to attend all of my kids functions and wasn't about to miss my grand kids stuff either!

AJ's display was in the second row and we had to look at others before we finally made it to hers [more worry for her] so we got a glimpse of what many in her class had done also.

This fair was a combination of grade 3 to 7.

AJ's display was great...she did a really good job!!!

I was quite pleased with her effort and the fact that she had no help! We saw quite a few that were good also but many that looked like "parents" did it for them or at least helped!

I was not impressed with what a lot of the older kid's projects...a lot looked like they were thrown together at the last minute! What impressed me was the diversity of subjects...not too many duplications! And there was only 2 volcanoes!

You should have seen the chaos of kids! I am sure glad I am not a teacher! The kids [except my grand kids] all looked like they were on hyper-pills!

PoD and I were sure glad to get out of there!

Party time!

We managed to have some time for coffee before the party kids arrived!

Then chaos hit! Thankfully a few kids had hockey practice and couldn't make it...not good for JD but he was happy with who did come!

We do not do games and the kids are happy that we don't!

Their excitement is playing with other kids toys and love my grand kids rooms...which they think are very cool [I will be blogging about the rooms when I can add photos]!

AJ was able to have a girl friend [her brother was a party guest] over to play with her and amazingly there were no problems...we always read them the "riot act" first just in case!

After playing a bit AJ opened his presents...then came the food!

We had hotdogs, snacks, pop and JD's birthday cake was cup cakes...which was a very smart idea! We let the kids put their own hotdogs together themselves and they loved it!

Next thing we knew moms were arriving to take their darlings home!

Everything happened so fast that it wasn't that stressful...we worried for nothing!

I then hugged my grand kids goodbye and went home to peace and quiet!

There wasn't even anyone on the answering machine!

Colour my day VERY HAPPY!

No comments: